DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller storage

MattsDrones

Reactions
I have the air2s, with both the RC controller and N1 controller. I want to use the RC controller as my default. I understand that drone batteries can be charged and taken off at around 60% for storage mode. Is this the same with controllers? And what other techniques could I use to maintain good battery health while balancing both controllers?

I have the air2s, with both the RC controller and N1 controller. I want to use the RC controller as my default. I understand that drone batteries can be charged and taken off at around 60% for storage mode. Is this the same with controllers? And what other techniques could I use to maintain good battery health while balancing both controllers?
The battery in the controller is not a smart battery like what the drone uses so it doesn't reduce charge to 60% over time.

Reactions: mereflyer
All DJI controllers will lose some charge over time if not used on a regular basis. The older the controller or it's battery is the faster it will discharge. For example, My M2P controller is about 3 to 4 years old now with well over 500 flights and when not used for a month or so will discharge down to almost 30%. It is recommended to charge the controller if not used every 3 months. Also be sure to cap off the charge before a days flight.

All DJI controllers will lose some charge over time if not used on a regular basis. The older the controller or it's battery is the faster it will discharge. For example, My M2P controller is about 3 to 4 years old now with well over 500 flights and when not used for a month or so will discharge down to almost 30%. It is recommended to charge the controller if not used every 3 months. Also be sure to cap off the charge before a days flight.
So is it okay to take a controller off the charger at around 50%?

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
So is it okay to take a controller off the charger at around 50%?
yes. But, as stated, its NOT a smart battery and so feel free to do whatever. Just charge up every 3rd month.
But as far as lipo battery maintenance that you're reading about around here, you can disregard that info since these aren't lipo batteries. They are li ion.

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne