DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC-N1 vs RC Pro signal comparison chart

Facts are generally provable, and not just based upon your own biased, unproven opinion. I know you think it's funny, and you are just joking around, but some of us take this stuff seriously, and don't take kindly to others boasting incessantly about their unproven expertise, insulting everyone else in the process.
I have data to back up what I say. this is why I say: FACT Let's see a better bird pic taken with the telephoto lens... see, words are rude..... facts are nice.

Attachments

• sampa1.jpg
    sampa1.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I have data to back up what I say. this is why I say: FACT Let's see a better bird pic taken with the telephoto lens... see, words are rude..... facts are nice.
You seem to assume that everyone will agree with your own biased assessment of your images, which is your opinion, not a fact. If you are truly wanting an objective factual critique, it's a nice record shot, but by no means is it of competition quality. The sharp background conflicts with the subject in the foreground. You either need a cleaner background, or a much shallower depth of field for anything other than a record shot. There is also no detail in the feathers, the eye is not sharp, and there are blown highlights on the beak. Those are facts. None of those are the fault of the 7x telephoto lens. Keep trying. You'll eventually get there!

You seem to assume that everyone will agree with your own biased assessment of your images, which is your opinion, not a fact. If you are truly wanting an objective factual critique, it's a nice record shot, but by no means is it of competition quality. The sharp background conflicts with the subject in the foreground. You either need a cleaner background, or a much shallower depth of field for anything other than a record shot. There is also no detail in the feathers, the eye is not sharp, and there are blown highlights on the beak. Those are facts. None of those are the fault of the 7x telephoto lens. Keep trying. You'll eventually get there!
see.... words with no data to back it up. the Photo is better than your words! a fact..... Edit.... I didn't read all what you said.... thanks then! LOL.... edit 2: next time I will not reduce the size of the image with the sample, the key to awesome photos is to fly your drone all day in the right place! just keep flying! anybody can do it unless you suck at flying a drone.

Last edited:
the M3 telephoto lens sucks is what you are saying, and I agree...

the M3 telephoto lens sucks is what you are saying, and I agree...
Not at all. Read again. "None of those are the fault of the 7x telephoto lens. Keep trying. You'll eventually get there!" The lens sharpness is just fine. You just took a blurry photo. Set the focus manually at 28x and then back out to 7x.
PS. I wanted the background to be sharp. thank you!
Confirmation bias. Pick a subject. You already did. You called it a bird photo. The sharp background conflicts with your subject. Either recompose so that you have a clean background with no detail, or make sure the background is far enough away that it isn't so sharp that it conflicts with your main subject. That's how you create a better bird photo.

Strange. Signal strength now becomes bird photo ???

Let me pull you all back to earth.

Few days ago, I did 7.8 KM, which is 4.84 miles. I still get 3 signal but in orange, I want to go further, BUT .. my battery is at 50%, so I turn back because I am already sweating and had a anxiety attack that my drone might land somewhere.

Even if I have a Pro controller its no use! The battery is the limiting factor.

Conclusion : I am sticking to my stock controller.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220808-000915.jpg
    Screenshot_20220808-000915.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Strange. Signal strength now becomes bird photo ???

Let me pull you all back to earth.

Few days ago, I did 7.8 KM, which is 4.84 miles. I still get 3 signal but in orange, I want to go further, BUT .. my battery is at 50%, so I turn back because I am already sweating and had a anxiety attack that my drone might land somewhere.

Even if I have a Pro controller its no use! The battery is the limiting factor.

Conclusion : I am sticking to my stock controller.
You asked which one had the best range. In a one way flight, the RC Pro wins hands down! If you are worried about making it back and already getting 5 miles with the RC-N1, no point in the upgrade for you. It isn’t for range anyway!

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Not at all. Read again. "None of those are the fault of the 7x telephoto lens. Keep trying. You'll eventually get there!" The lens sharpness is just fine. You just took a blurry photo. Set the focus manually at 28x and then back out to 7x.

Confirmation bias. Pick a subject. You already did. You called it a bird photo. The sharp background conflicts with your subject. Either recompose so that you have a clean background with no detail, or make sure the background is far enough away that it isn't so sharp that it conflicts with your main subject. That's how you create a better bird photo.
i will test the manual focus out, thanks for the tip! at night I have focus problems but when flying around fast it's difficult to use manual..... making a flight right now, it's all I do is fly my drone, no I don't sleep much at all because I fly my drone 24/7 I fall asleep at the controller once in a while but only for a few seconds! LOL

i will test the manual focus out, thanks for the tip! at night I have focus problems but when flying around fast it's difficult to use manual..... making a flight right now, it's all I do is fly my drone, no I don't sleep much at all because I fly my drone 24/7 I fall asleep at the controller once in a while but only for a few seconds! LOL
In good light, the 7x telephoto camera autofocus works well. At night, and in low light, manual focus may be required for maximum sharpness, when the camera subject distance is constant, like when taking a still photo of a static subject, like the perched gray heron. The 7x telephoto f/4.4 aperture on the 1/2 inch sensor is definite a limitation at night. Probably better to do a 7x crop of the main micro 4/3 camera at f/2.8 at night, or fly closer with the main camera. Practice makes perfect.

Reactions: UAVquadman
In good light, the 7x telephoto camera autofocus works well. At night, and in low light, manual focus may be required for maximum sharpness, when the camera subject distance is constant, like when taking a still photo of a static subject, like the perched gray heron. The 7x telephoto f/4.4 aperture on the 1/2 inch sensor is definite a limitation at night. Probably better to do a 7x crop of the main micro 4/3 camera at f/2.8 at night, or fly closer with the main camera. Practice makes perfect.
thanks very much, That was a Little Blue Heron, by the way. Most of the birds on that island are Great Egrets and Snowy Egrets.

thanks very much, That was a Little Blue Heron, by the way. Most of the birds on that island are Great Egrets and Snowy Egrets.
Cool heron, in any event! Lots of gems can now be caught with the 7x telephoto, that one wouldn't have otherwise discovered from a distance, where flying closer would disturb them! Voyeurs can now also remotely have a field day at nude beaches!

Cool heron, in any event! Lots of gems can now be caught with the 7x telephoto, that one wouldn't have otherwise discovered from a distance, where flying closer would disturb them! Voyeurs can now also remotely have a field day at nude beaches!
it does disturb them but they actually can used to me drone but now with the telephoto I can keep my distance like you said.

Bumping this thread

Strongly considering the Pro. Zoom wheel and better signal are my governing factors. I also need a brighter. Too bad it’s no brighter than IPhone 13pro

Bumping this thread

Strongly considering the Pro. Zoom wheel and better signal are my governing factors. I also need a brighter. Too bad it’s no brighter than IPhone 13pro
I've been quite pleased with mine, but I don't go to all the extreme distances some people do. I found it to be really helpful for getting into the air quick recently when I wanted to get that lightning picture I did...

Reactions: R0CKETMAN
It’s not brighter than a 13 pro’s potential - it is brighter than a 13 pro’s actual brightness.

On a nice day - not even very warm, my phone screen dims after about 10 mins.

Reactions: R0CKETMAN
It’s not brighter than a 13 pro’s potential - it is brighter than a 13 pro’s actual brightness.

On a nice day - not even very warm, my phone screen dims after about 10 mins.
True, the energy saving feature is not “overideable”.

The 14pro is supposed to have 2000nit peak outdoors

It seems like the newer transmission protocols are getting much better range from substantially less power. My Phantom 4 Pro has 767mw in FCC mode but I can tell you for sure that my mini 2 with 398mw will go a lot further one way (assuming we ignore the 0% battery crash landing of course). The mini 2 also has better urban performance / signal penetration with almost half the power. I would think the RCP and M3 with their insane 2w of power would be undeniably the most stable connection you can have in any conceivable situation.

It seems like the newer transmission protocols are getting much better range from substantially less power. My Phantom 4 Pro has 767mw in FCC mode but I can tell you for sure that my mini 2 with 398mw will go a lot further one way (assuming we ignore the 0% battery crash landing of course). The mini 2 also has better urban performance / signal penetration with almost half the power. I would think the RCP and M3 with their insane 2w of power would be undeniably the most stable connection you can have in any conceivable situation.
I don't know how to actively measure the difference, but having flown my Mavic3 with the standard controller and then the RC-Pro, the RC-Pro for me seems to have way better connectivity. I also feel as though I just have better overall control of all movement including flexibility that comes with more functionality although it doesn't help until you have a LOT of time experience. It's amazing what you can accomplish when it becomes so second nature that you're thinking less about controlling the drone than getting the shot when it's not because you're not focused on the drone but because muscle memory helps so much. I will say though, that versus what use to be available, we are all so much better off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato