DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC-N1 vs RC Pro signal comparison chart

I did get one from FeelWorld, and it is heavy, and becomes much heavier with the required battery packs on the rear, when away from AC power. Still, well worth it, if you can work around the weight issues. Either get a tray harness, a good lanyard, or a tripod to support it. The expensive LifThor adapter, to mount it onto the RC Pro, is also very heavy, adding additional weight. I plan to use my 10.1” monitor from my home base station, where I have access to AC, and can mount the monitor on a tripod, next to me, while freely handholding the RC Pro, so no mount is necessary on the RC Pro. I'm tethered to the monitor with only the attached mini HDMI cable, for a quick release during landing, as necessary, in case I need to move about to safely grab the drone! Having two screens really helps, one for telemetry, and one for a 10.1” FPV.
Thanks mate, I will surely look further into this one.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I been thinking of getting the Pro. Does it makes any difference in the longer ranger?

This video says its disappointing :

What should I do?

Here is another video. The range is about the same, even with the Pro's 4x transmission power.

I know the specs for the RC-PRO list it at that high power, but has anyone actually confirmed this and can prove it has 2w output out of the box?
I believe the FCC regulates transmit power from receivers to only 1w with no exception, unless they have changed this since I last looked, which has been a handful of years.
Has anyone here looked into this?

Reactions: chong67
I been thinking of getting the Pro until I watch these 2 video above. I want to get the Pro for the range, not for the extra buttons and bright screen.

What a let down even with 4x the transmitting power.

In the above video both controllers are in CE pwr output at 25mw, it's only when FCC pwr is enabled does the difference become apparent.

i have flown with both controllers and testing side by side in same environment i am easily getting 3 times the range with the Pro.

I been thinking of getting the Pro. Does it makes any difference in the longer ranger?

This video says its disappointing :

What should I do?
That's in CE countries. It appears you are in the U.S. which is FCC.

Well if you want to go by those videos instead of advice from here, don’t purchase the pro controller. Your loss

Yes I understand the video. It is comparing the 2 controllers and the Pro is not any better in the distance.
No, you aren't understanding the video correctly. If you are, in fact, in the U.S. and flying in the U.S., the CE video doesn't apply to you. FCC power is 4x greater on the RC Pro, and those of us who have used both in the U.S. know the range is substantially greater. That's what applies to you. However, no one here will be offended if you still opt for the less powerful RC-N1 instead. Not everyone can afford the best range. It's a whopping $1200!

I've used both controllers, in CE mode & in FCC mode, I own both controllers & can 100% confirm that the RC Pro does have better range & penetration compared to the standard RC-1 if you want to make a judgment based on one person's basis of range via a YouTube video then that's up to you, the members on this forum are far better informed to make recommendations compared to YouTube influencers who care more for the viewing figures than actual real term accuracies at the end of the day.

They just sold out, and are now on backorder.

FeelWorld itself was also selling them directly from China without the $40 shipping charge, but is also currently sold out.

Looks like you can get one delivered in mid-August for ~$320 by ordering on Amazon... https://amzn.to/3vsJP43

I dont really know what to believe. I dont mind getting it, but what if I can't return the Pro to the merchant. I dont believe "Trust me, I know this". LOL

Anyone got any other videos and proof to show them side by side? (Those are the 2 videos I found).

Im not going to video proof of side by side flights. Ive told you my experience as have others here on the site that you can talk to. Take it or leave it mate.
If you are so concerned, and dont want to take people here at their word, perhaps stick witj what you have

Looks like you can get one delivered in mid-August for ~$320 by ordering on Amazon... https://amzn.to/3vsJP43
Good find! There appear to be two versions available. The HDMI only version is $299 while the SDI+ HDMI version is $349. For the RC Pro, only the HDMI version should be necessary. Both the LifThor and FeelWorld $349 ones have the SDI input and outputs, too. The Amazon link charges $20 for shipping instead of the $40 from LifThor, but if you don't need the SDI ports, save $70 and get the HDMI only version from the Amazon Seller.

Reactions: Coskier
I dont really know what to believe. I dont mind getting it, but what if I can't return the Pro to the merchant. I dont believe "Trust me, I know this". LOL

Anyone got any other videos and proof to show them side by side? (Those are the 2 videos I found).
We don't need to prove anything to you. We aren't selling anything. Just sharing our experience. Just stick with the RC-N1. The RC Pro is intended for those who know they want it. Save your money.

No, you aren't understanding the video correctly. If you are, in fact, in the U.S. and flying in the U.S., the CE video doesn't apply to you. FCC power is 4x greater on the RC Pro, and those of us who have used both in the U.S. know the range is substantially greater. That's what applies to you. However, no one here will be offended if you still opt for the less powerful RC-N1 instead. Not everyone can afford the best range. It's a whopping $1200

We don't need to prove anything to you. We aren't selling anything. Just sharing our experience. Just stick with the RC-N1. The RC Pro is intended for those who know they want it. Save your money.
on Average: The RC Pro will Not give you 3 times the range, so why like a comment that states this false claim??? to justify the high price rip-off because the screen is so small? I will rent one to try out, but in no rush.

i have flown with both controllers and testing side by side in same environment i am easily getting 3 times the range with the Pro.
What range are you getting approx with the PRO in aust?
Could get out to 5 or 6 km in a rural setting with no interference? Been able to get that with my old Mavic Pro Premiums GL200 & am hoping for similar range if I update to a M3 & RC Pro setup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan