DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC-N1 vs RC Pro signal comparison chart

on Average: The RC Pro will Not give you 3 times the range, so why like a comment that states this false claim??? to justify the high price rip-off because the screen is so small? I will rent one to try out, but in no rush.
Nobody said that, on average, everyone will experience 3x the range! It is a vast improvement in signal strength (4x) and signal stability, which improves range. If someone reports they experienced a 3x improvement, in their unique area, I have no reason to disbelieve them. On what basis are you now calling him a liar, and me a sycophant?

It’s not cheap. However, it offers far more functionality than the cheap $110 RC-N1, with a second scroll wheel, an L1 and L2 button, a 5 way button and an L3 button, and the same control sticks as the DJI FPV drone . The built in screen is 5.5” diagonally. However, you can hook up ANY size external monitor to it that you want! How about a 75” 4K monitor! Try that with the RC-N1.

I’m not here to convert you, but as a happy user, I will defend it!

Nobody said that, on average, everyone will experience 3x the range! It is a vast improvement in signal strength (4x) and signal stability, which improves range. If someone reports they experienced a 3x improvement, in their unique area, I have no reason to disbelieve them. On what basis are you now calling him a liar, and me a sycophant?

It’s not cheap. However, it offers far more functionality than the cheap $110 RC-N1, with a second scroll wheel, an L1 and L2 button, a 5 way button and an L3 button, and the same control sticks as the DJI FPV drone . The built in screen is 5.5” diagonally. However, you can hook up ANY size external monitor to it that you want! How about a 75” 4K monitor! Try that with the RC-N1.

I’m not here to convert you, but as a happy user, I will defend it!
why not make a pro controller with no screen? imagine if they did! OMG. I would buy one even at $1200! (if it was light in weight) LOL...

on Average: The RC Pro will Not give you 3 times the range, so why like a comment that states this false claim??? to justify the high price rip-off because the screen is so small? I will rent one to try out, but in no rush.
I have no reason to make a false claim. If you are not willing to believe information that is shared here, by some very experienced pilots, then i dont understand why you bother coming here or asking questions.
Either get the controller or not and go by your own experience. Dont waste your time or ours checking for information here and then calling our experiences false because they dont fit into what you want to believe.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
What range are you getting approx with the PRO in aust?
Could get out to 5 or 6 km in a rural setting with no interference? Been able to get that with my old Mavic Pro Premiums GL200 & am hoping for similar range if I update to a M3 & RC Pro setup.
I have not tested in your environment, but in my environment i would not get that range. neither would my Mavic 1 or 2 so probably not helpful information for you.
I am getting a better signal than the previous 2 mavics. Nothing huge but certainly a bit better. With standard controller on mav 3 i was getting way less.

why not make a pro controller with no screen? imagine if they did! OMG. I would buy one even at $1200! (if it was light in weight) LOL...
Now you are trolling!

"Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent."

"Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment."

read through some of this bloke's content. It pretty well showcases his character. I would just skip over anything he says and leave him to his own devices. 👍

He is the best drone pilot around and we are all sheep and copycats (his words)

there are quite a few youtube videos comparing transmission & range tests between the Rc-Pro and RCN1. They are for the Mavic 3 and Air2S. Anecdotally, it seems, at best, the RC-Pro might be in the 10% better range.

from discussions here that's isn't enough to justify the extra $1100 but that isn't the only criteria some people are using. Ease of use and functionality factor in and for some people those seems to be deciding factors. I think that's especially true because of the issues with cell phones and most tablets

the range tests are interesting videos, I guess, but personally, I don't max out the range in any of my flights. I experimented a couple of times, but I'm more interested in trying to capture good video and I just don't need to go out 10,000 feet to do that. In other words, maximum range just doesn't factor in for me except rarely, and I do like to maintain LOS

I think I'd be a lot more interested in the RC-Pro if I hadn't invested in the Tripltek 8.

Now you are trolling!

"Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent."

"Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment

Now you are trolling!

"Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment."
what's wrong with having a light controller and making a joke? I would pay up to $800 for one without a screen, would be more accurate. Trolling is not my intention. I will get the RC-PRO soon because I will Not be hand holding it that much, but I do have a bad wrist so being light would help. I can rest it on a table or use a tripod though with one of those screen mounts you recommended.

This video is 3 days old :

It shows again the Pro is no better than the RC and the Stock controller in distance despite having 2 external antennas and 4x the power ???? What happen here?

Unreal!

This video is 3 days old :

It shows again the Pro is no better than the RC and the Stock controller in distance despite having 2 external antennas and 4x the power ???? What happen here?

Unreal!
No it doesn’t. It just shows that both controllers can maintain a signal out to the drones rth distance of around 9kms in ideal conditions. Setup a test where the drones get out towards 15km by placing the controllers on the opposite side of the takeoff point by a couple of kms and we might see a difference.

Bhahaha

A better controller is not going to make your batteries output any more power. Surely this bloke understands that.

Bottom line is this
For some of us this drone world is a hobby, for some a business and for others a combination. We all have a range of options, a range of prices and a range of budgets.
If you are not comfortable spending extra $, there are no drone police going to turn up and force to spend more.
Watch youtube, talk to people here and on other sites and get what you want for your application.
Its pointless trying to tell people that what they are saying is not true and something else is true. Make your own choices on information available.
If there are posts you think are somehow trying to scam you for some reason, ignore them or block the poster
@chong67 , I think you should just buy the cheaper controller, then you wont have to worry about conflicting reports. No one is going to care

No it doesn’t. It just shows that both controllers can maintain a signal out to the drones rth distance of around 9kms in ideal conditions. Setup a test where the drones get out towards 15km by placing the controllers on the opposite side of the takeoff point by a couple of kms and we might see a difference.
am I the only poster here who thinks that flying a drone out 5-9 miles away from you is kind of crazy? I understand testing it maybe once or twice if you're way out in the desert with nobody around and no air traffic in sight. But for making video and taking photos I just don't see much reason to fly that far away

Wonder why they won't make the Pro Controller compatible with the Mini 3 Pro?
It's inevitable that they will. It's certainly capable! No reason not to. It would sell a lot of Mini 3 Pro aircraft only sales to RC Pro owners, and it would sell more RC Pro's to Mini 3 Pro owners looking for an upgrade from either an existing RC-N1 or DJI RC. Fingers crossed that it will happen sooner than later.

This video is 3 days old.

Unreal!
It shows no such thing!
He only measured the drone's battery range, and not the control range of either controller, as both still had full signal bars when he turned around!
That's why they were identical!
The YouTuber is an idiot, claiming this is a range comparison test!
No other range test has EVER been conducted by comparing when the LOW BATTERY RTH is initiated!
It is the LOSS OF SIGNAL RTH that must be compared!
Surely, you must have realized that, too!
Fact is that the RC Pro control range exceeds the battery range!

5AF85430-0BD6-45DC-AC79-9697555E8FD1.jpeg

Last edited:
what's wrong with having a light controller and making a joke? I would pay up to $800 for one without a screen, would be more accurate. Trolling is not my intention. I will get the RC-PRO soon because I will Not be hand holding it that much, but I do have a bad wrist so being light would help. I can rest it on a table or use a tripod though with one of those screen mounts you recommended.
Im trying to understand why you would bother with the pro controller. You have said on so many posts how dji sucks and you are sending your crappy mavic 3 back. Why would you spend more money?
Or is it you tend to not really know what you are talking about and really love dji and the mavic 3.
I think it was you bragging about hand catching at high speeds on a boat. Why would you do that with a drone that you think is such a dud. Seems like a dangerous excercise with equipment you dont trust.
For such a fantastic skilled pilot, im confused at your changing opinions.

Im trying to understand why you would bother with the pro controller. You have said on so many posts how dji sucks and you are sending your crappy mavic 3 back. Why would you spend more money?
Or is it you tend to not really know what you are talking about and really love dji and the mavic 3.
I think it was you bragging about hand catching at high speeds on a boat. Why would you do that with a drone that you think is such a dud. Seems like a dangerous excercise with equipment you dont trust.
For such a fantastic skilled pilot, im confused at your changing opinions.
I don't update all of my plans because I fly my drone 24/7

read through some of this bloke's content. It pretty well showcases his character. I would just skip over anything he says and leave him to his own devices. 👍

He is the best drone pilot around and we are all sheep and copycats (his words)
if you can't deal with facts so be it.....

if you can't deal with facts so be it.....
Facts are generally provable, and not just based upon your own biased, unproven opinion. I know you think it's funny, and you are just joking around, but some of us take this stuff seriously, and don't take kindly to others boasting incessantly about their unproven expertise, insulting everyone else in the process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ