DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Cellular Dongle / LTE USB Modem Notes

I understand that. But when I'm flying down a street with houses, I want to stay low. I can't do that without having cellular comms.

Anyway, HAS ANYONE TRIED THE M3 RC AND M3 DRONE CELLULAR DONGLE IN THE USA? ANYONE? I'd love to have the setup, but I would hate to waste the money on a product that DJI denies the operation of said equipment.
It does NOT WORK, it simply is not possible. It requires a cellular network that supports the LTT
I understand that. But when I'm flying down a street with houses, I want to stay low. I can't do that without having cellular comms.

Anyway, HAS ANYONE TRIED THE M3 RC AND M3 DRONE CELLULAR DONGLE IN THE USA? ANYONE? I'd love to have the setup, but I would hate to waste the money on a product that DJI denies the operation of said equipment.
Yes, I have...and the answer is simple. It is not possible.

Per the owner's manual that can be viewed on China's DJI's website. It requires a TDD-LTE Operating Frequency Band that US Cellular networks do not support.

I have had success with pairing to wifi hotspots. Where I live there are literally thousands of high-speed hotspots that support wifi protocol. I'm fortunate that way! However, if you're out in the country, they aren't really up to date on tech.

I provided a photo of the manual for your viewing if you don't want to go to the website and check it out yourself. Places like Australia, South Korea, etc will support this frequency bandwidth. US Carriers do not.

Hopefully, this helps clear up any confusion.

Attachments

• TDD LTE Frequency network.png
    TDD LTE Frequency network.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
I have RC PRO CONTROLLER that I would like to add this DONGLE too. The question I have is they make two versions of the dongle. One is TD-LTE USB and the other on is TDD-LTE USB.
I don't know which is the one for the USA. Has someone ordered one that works in the USA if so which one do I order?
Thanks for any help
Oman

Last edited:
Go to page 7 of this installation guide for the DJI RC Pro dongle and you'll find the specs that the dongle requires for US use. TDD - 4G LTE Networks.

Go to page 7 of this installation guide for the DJI RC Pro dongle and you'll find the specs that the dongle requires for US use. TDD - 4G LTE

Go to page 7 of this installation guide for the DJI RC Pro dongle and you'll find the specs that the dongle requires for US use. TDD - 4G LTE Networks.
I saw that ,but picture that OZTX posted shows DONGLE with TD-LTE USB written on the back. I'm a little confused
Thanks for your help Oman

Last edited:
The RC Pro Cellular Dongle I ordered last month was delivered yesterday. Just a few notes:

- First off, it worked with a T-Mobile nano SIM card I already had.
- Installation was simple -- remove two screws on the bottom panel and gently lift up. A compartment with a USB-C port and an antenna connector is exposed. Connect the antenna to the 4G port on the dongle and slide into the USB port. I had to slightly rearrange the antenna wire to get the bottom panel to close without bowing slightly.
- The dongle shows up as a T-Mobile 4G connection when you're looking at the home screen or swipe down to show settings.
- I was able to check for firmware updates, the map updated as I moved and zoomed the display and I was able to perform a geo unlock (the main reason I got it).
- My other apps worked as well -- I've tested AirData, UAV Forecast, B4UFLY and Aloft. All worked.
- The FCC ID is 2A2TS2021IG830 FCC ID 2A2TS2021IG830 LTE USB MODEM by Honglink Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd.
- The FCC-submitted User Guide: https://fccid.io/2A2TS2021IG830/User-Manual/Users-Manual-5533544.pdf

There's not much else to it. This is good for me -- I don't intend to get the companion module for the Mavic 3.

View attachment 149170

View attachment 149172

View attachment 149173
I have RC PRO CONTROLLER that I would like to add this DONGLE too. The question I have is they make two versions of the dongle. One is TD-LTE USB and the other on is TDD-LTE USB. One is for China and the other one the is for international use. Which one did you order your picture shows the TD-LTE USB? I know dum question but don't want to order wrong one
Thanks for any help
Oman

Last edited:
The RC Pro Cellular Dongle I ordered last month was delivered yesterday. Just a few notes:

- Installation was simple -- remove two screws on the bottom panel and gently lift up. A compartment with a USB-C port and an antenna connector is exposed. Connect the antenna to the 4G port on the dongle and slide into the USB port. I had to slightly rearrange the antenna wire to get the bottom panel to close without bowing slightly.
- The dongle shows up as a T-Mobile 4G connection when you're looking at the home screen or swipe down to show settings.
- I was able to check for firmware updates, the map updated as I moved and zoomed the display and I was able to perform a geo unlock (the main reason I got it).
- My other apps worked as well -- I've tested AirData, UAV Forecast, B4UFLY and Aloft. All worked.
- The FCC ID is 2A2TS2021IG830 FCC ID 2A2TS2021IG830 LTE USB MODEM by Honglink Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd.
- The FCC-submitted User Guide: https://fccid.io/2A2TS2021IG830/User-Manual/Users-Manual-5533544.pdf

There's not much else to it. This is good for me -- I don't intend to get the companion module for the Mavic 3.

View attachment 149170

View attachment 149172

View attachment 149173
I have RC PRO CONTROLLER that I would like to add this DONGLE too. The question I have is they make two versions of the dongle. One is TD-LTE USB and the other on is TDD-LTE USB. One is for China and the other one the is for international use. Which one did you order your picture shows the TD-LTE USB? I know dum question but don't want to order wrong one
Thanks for any help
Oman

Last edited:

View attachment 149170

View attachment 149172

View attachment 149173
I

View attachment 149170

View attachment 149172

View attachment 149173

Thanks for any help
Oman

If you do get the dongle, you will need a data plan and sim card for it. So why not just hot spot off your phone?

View attachment 149170

View attachment 149172

View attachment 149173
have RC PRO CONTROLLER that I would like to add this DONGLE too. The question I have is they make two versions of the dongle. One is TD-LTE USB and the other on is TDD-LTE USB. One is for China and the other one the is for international use. Which one did you order your picture shows the TD-LTE USB? I know dum question but don't want to order wrong one
Thanks for any help
Oman

If you do get the dongle, you will need a data plan and sim card for it. So why not just hot spot off your phone?
You don!t have to set up a hot spot evrry time for map, dji nfz, etc. I have a data plan to set up all ready.
Thank you very much Oman

have RC PRO CONTROLLER that I would like to add this DONGLE too. The question I have is they make two versions of the dongle. One is TD-LTE USB and the other on is TDD-LTE USB. One is for China and the other one the is for international use. Which one did you order your picture shows the TD-LTE USB? I know dum question but don't want to order wrong one
Thanks for any help
Oman
Hotspots don't provide the required bandwidth/transfer rates required for what is needed. Data plans are cheap.

Hotspots don't provide the required bandwidth/transfer rates required for what is needed. Data plans are cheap.
"What is needed" that HotSpotting can't satisfy? All you are getting is live map downloading. Regardless, the drone-side dongle does not work for 4G control of the drone in the United States.

I saw that ,but picture that OZTX posted shows DONGLE with TD-LTE USB written on the back. I'm a little confused
Thanks for your help Oman
The TDD - 4G LTE Networks dongle. Is the Dongle that will work with RC Remote only. However, your phone's hotspot will do all you need your RC Pro to do such as maps, Lanc approval etc. Heck, you can even stream Netflix on a hotspot connection on your RC Pro. :)
Keep in mind you will not be able to communicate with the dongle that is for the drone in the US. It will work in places mentioned above in the thread above. Possibly a few other countries. You will want to do your research. However, the US is a no-go until the FCC decides they won't to enable these frequencies. Good luck!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
It does NOT WORK, it simply is not possible. It requires a cellular network that supports the LTT

Yes, I have...and the answer is simple. It is not possible.

Per the owner's manual that can be viewed on China's DJI's website. It requires a TDD-LTE Operating Frequency Band that US Cellular networks do not support.

I have had success with pairing to wifi hotspots. Where I live there are literally thousands of high-speed hotspots that support wifi protocol. I'm fortunate that way! However, if you're out in the country, they aren't really up to date on tech.

I provided a photo of the manual for your viewing if you don't want to go to the website and check it out yourself. Places like Australia, South Korea, etc will support this frequency bandwidth. US Carriers do not.

Hopefully, this helps clear up any confusion.
Also would like to add this picture for those of us who live in the US. You can confirm this yourself by trying to purchase this LTE dongle yourself in the DJI store. You can also chat DJI, they will tell you the same thing. I HOPE one day the US Government opens up the frequencies required for this to work for those of us who want to fly around buildings etc for commercial purposes. OR, DJI decides to program an LTE device that is compatible with US Cellular frequencies.

Hope this is helpful to those out there!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 1.40.37 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 1.40.37 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Thanks for any help
Oman
I don't know anything about the Chinese version. As you can see, the one I have is labeled TD-LTE and it works on T-Mobile and partner networks in the US, Australia and Europe.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Reçu le mien aujourd'hui. Fonctionne bien ici à Montréal, Canada, sur le réseau Rogers. Ajouté une deuxième ligne à mon compte pour 10 $ par mois, il partage les données de mon compte principal. S'affiche en tant que ROGERS ROGERS sur l'écran RC Pro :

DJI_RC-PRO_SCR1.jpg
Salut je suis à Québec et j’ai un mini 3 pro avec la djirc pense tu que ça va fonctionner ci oui quelle matériel qui me faut

Salut je suis à Québec et j’ai un mini 3 pro avec la djirc pense tu que ça va fonctionner ci oui quelle matériel qui me faut
ceci est un forum anglais et la plupart ne comprendront pas ce que vous demandez

this is an english forum and most will not understand what you are asking

I purchased one DJI LTE dongle for the RC Pro, to have live maps.
It works with the cellular network in Switzerland.
Finally found someone who actually get this to work in Switzerland/Europe region.
Would you possibly share if it works on the aircraft as well?
What is the Cellular Network company you're using in for the dongle?

Finally found someone who actually get this to work in Switzerland/Europe region.
Would you possibly share if it works on the aircraft as well?
What is the Cellular Network company you're using in for the dongle?
No limitations exist on the RC Pro side dongle anywhere. It merely obviates the need to hotspot the RC Pro to a cell phone for downloading maps. It is the drone side 4G dongle that isn't working, precluding using the 4G network to supplement OcuSync 3+, everywhere except in China, and possibly still Australia and New Zealand.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13