DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro slow to connect to M3

Campin123

Reactions
This is weird….my RCPro is slow to connect to the M3. Typically takes 90 to 120 seconds to connect However, I discovered if the battery is removed and replaced, the M3 and RCPro connect within 10 seconds after booting. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

That is odd.. Your comment about the battery more odd still. Are you saying a power cycle of the drone does not have the same effect as a battery remove/replace? If you did the recent FW update V01.00.0400, and App update to 1.5.4, maybe a reflash using Assistant or at least make sure all the batteries you have got updated.

DJI says "connects in seconds" but my Evo 2 Pro SC is truly fast- after the drone plays its start up tone its 1 second at most. RC Pro is more like 5-8 seconds, but never 90-120 in my experience so far. Which do you start first? By habit I always have the controller running when I startup the drone.

That is odd.. Your comment about the battery more odd still. Are you saying a power cycle of the drone does not have the same effect as a battery remove/replace? If you did the recent FW update V01.00.0400, and App update to 1.5.4, maybe a reflash using Assistant or at least make sure all the batteries you have got updated.

DJI says "connects in seconds" but my Evo 2 Pro SC is truly fast- after the drone plays its start up tone its 1 second at most. RC Pro is more like 5-8 seconds, but never 90-120 in my experience so far. Which do you start first? By habit I always have the controller running when I startup the drone.
Yesterday morning I turned on the RC Pro and then the M3, after the RC Pro and M3 booted I set a timer, it took 1 minute and 12 seconds for them to connect. This has been the standard delay since I received the M3 and controller mid November. Felt it was a FW issue so I practiced patience hoping future FW updates would correct the anomaly.

Last night, I charged the batteries anticipating to fly this afternoon. After placing the "fully charged" battery into the M3, I turned on the RC Pro and M3, after both booted, the controller and M3 connected within 10 seconds.

I had V01.00.0400 installed but just received the firmware update message this morning for the fly app 1.5.4. I will re-flash both the Controller and M3, hopefully the latest firmware will have a positive affect on the boot and connect time.

THat's one thing about my M2P, it takes a LONG time to connect, much longer than it used to be.

One of these updates slowed it way down.

BTW, does the RC Pro let you move the gimbal by dragging on the screen?

Or do you have to use the physical controls only?

RC Pro has all the on-screen controls. It simply adds HW control for Zooming -right wheel, a Programmable C1/C2 under, near where your fingertips end up naturally, and a 5D button that has 10 potential actions - alone and in combination with the "back" button. For now it's 5 while in Fly App and 5 in the rest of the system.

One disappointment is the inability to use Sdcard for video caches, or download directly to it. With 14 Gb available of 32, this is pathetic. SC 1 used it, so there's no excuse not to now, even if adoptable Storage is a bridge too far for DJI. (expansion of Internal capacity using SD cards)

One other disappointment. I did several screen recordings to demo some things. Except there is no longer a microphone on the controller. Yes the Smart Controller mic wasn't the best. So the solution is remove it? They want you to use a wireless mic. Either with a plug in receiver for a wireless or a USB wired mic. Tried the USB AKG headset from a Samsung Note 20 and... NG.

So it's now ANOTHER $50 for a mic. grrrr.

How convenient - DJI just released a wireless microphone!! Coincidence?

Only $329......
https://www.dji.com/mic

RC Pro has all the on-screen controls. It simply adds HW control for Zooming -right wheel, a Programmable C1/C2 under, near where your fingertips end up naturally, and a 5D button that has 10 potential actions - alone and in combination with the "back" button. For now it's 5 while in Fly App and 5 in the rest of the system.

One disappointment is the inability to use Sdcard for video caches, or download directly to it. With 14 Gb available of 32, this is pathetic. SC 1 used it, so there's no excuse not to now, even if adoptable Storage is a bridge too far for DJI. (expansion of Internal capacity using SD cards)

One other disappointment. I did several screen recordings to demo some things. Except there is no longer a microphone on the controller. Yes the Smart Controller mic wasn't the best. So the solution is remove it? They want you to use a wireless mic. Either with a plug in receiver for a wireless or a USB wired mic. Tried the USB AKG headset from a Samsung Note 20 and... NG.

So it's now ANOTHER $50 for a mic. grrrr.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15