DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC2 or RC-N2 ?

MNewman

Reactions
I'm curious, is it really worth it to spend the extra $200 to get the RC2 instead of using the RC-N2 controller for the Mavic Air 3 or Mini Pro 4? I've always been totally fine using the RC-N controller with an iPhone when shooting with a Mavic Air 2, so I'm just curious if an upgrade is worth it or not.

Reactions: Richie1027
@MNewman it,s all down to what you want personally ,both RC 's work ,and if you are happy to use your iPhone ,then carry on ,personally i like the ease of use, not having to set up the RC ,just switch it on and your ready to go ,no one can really advice you which RC to get ,we all have different requirements

Reactions: Richie1027
I got an RC for my Mav3 after using the N1 and the convenience of it means I never use the N1 unless I want to use it with my iPad or other device. I'm a fan.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I'm curious, is it really worth it to spend the extra $200 to get the RC2 instead of using the RC-N2 controller for the Mavic Air 3 or Mini Pro 4? I've always been totally fine using the RC-N controller with an iPhone when shooting with a Mavic Air 2, so I'm just curious if an upgrade is worth it or not.
If you intend to use the digital zoom for video, on the RC-N2, you cannot simultaneously zoom and adjust the gimbal elevation, without taking a hand off the sticks to zoom touching the screen, as you only have one scroll wheel. RC2 has two scroll wheels, in addition to the screen and external movable antennas.

Once you have a controller with a built in screen you will never look back.
I have the controller with built in screen for ALL my drones.
If you are not sure find someone who has one.
Alison review the comparisons on YOUTUBE

Once you have a controller with a built in screen you will never look back.
I have the controller with built in screen for ALL my drones.
If you are not sure find someone who has one.
Alison review the comparisons on YOUTUBE
I tend to agree. Prior to acquiring the the Mini Pro 4, I always used an iPad to fly the Air 2s and other minis.

When I decided to go to the Pro 4, I was extremely hesitant to even try the RC2 and planned on returning it assuming I would miss the iPad. No way I’m going back to an iPad - I love the built in screen.

Your mileage may vary but it’s definitely worth the try. if you previously used a smartphone, this question becomes a no brainer.

The RC-N2 (and RC-N1) have some advantages but they also have disadvantages, such as no C1 or C2 buttons, no right scroll wheel (normally used for zoom) and only 1 programmable button top left.
You will be forced to access many features on your device's touch screen.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I love love love not having to bother with my iPhone. I can be up and flying in a quarter of the time and the display is a bit bigger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1