DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real life brightness in sunlight?

gnirtS

Reactions
Im pretty sold on getting a smart controller (if they ever get more stock) due to ease of setup and brightness

..BUT can anyone give me feedback on how good the screen is outdoors in bright sunlight and direct sun?

95% of my flights are in those conditions and on my existing tablet even stood in shade its sometimes hard to see. Its unusable without shade.

Is the SC bright enough that it can be easily seen and flown in bright, overhead sunlight ?

What about wearing sunglasses, specifically polarised sunglasses?

Im pretty sold on getting a smart controller (if they ever get more stock) due to ease of setup and brightness

..BUT can anyone give me feedback on how good the screen is outdoors in bright sunlight and direct sun?

95% of my flights are in those conditions and on my existing tablet even stood in shade its sometimes hard to see. Its unusable without shade.

Is the SC bright enough that it can be easily seen and flown in bright, overhead sunlight ?

Since I am retired, I do 99% of my flying at sunrise and sunset.........Get some fantastic videos.....

Don't know if this is any help as I don't know if they make one but I use a Samsung tablet and put a none reflective screen protector on it, that helped a lot in the sun, it stops those nasty reflections.

I use a 5'5" Crystalsky which is essentially the same screen that is on the Smart Controller. Yes you will be able to see the screen clearly in bright afternoon sun. I mostly fly in bright sun and even with 60 year old eyes I can see what is on the screen clearly. I've never used polarized sunglasses while flying so not sure about that question.

I fly in bright sun light all the time and the Smart Controller is bright and easy to see. I wear glasses with photo gray lenses and have no problem seeing the controller screen. I do not use any kind of a sun shield as it is not necessary. I have used a iPhone and iPad and always had trouble seeing the screen even with sun shields.

Reactions: Coskier
I have no pro in the sunshine. My girl also wears glasses and never has no problem with the sunshine it's a great controller and in mine and her opion worth every penny

Sounds promising then - my current phone and tablet is pretty much invisible in direct overhead tropical sunlight.
Im pretty much sold on getting one. If stock ever comes available again!

Reactions: Rattydude77
Used it in glaring sun at the beach yesterday - no problems.

Hi
I just got one and bought a pgytech hood. $25. Works fantastic in bright sun.
Obviously if sun is facing directly into the screen it reduces visibility but is still very good. ??

It should not be a problem. Obviously direct sunlight on the screen makes viewing the image tougher but it's nothing like flying with my old tablet. It's far better.

Ive found the hoods on standard mobile devices useless (and make the entire setup much bulkier and much less portable).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman