DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real Mavic Air Flight Time

heo3480

Reactions
Now I have a new DJI drone and of course, we should the do a the Mavic Air Flight Time Test and measured flight time in “no” wind conditions while Mavic Air is in motion. As you know this will give us the real right flight time.

Plenty of these tests on youtube already

Reactions: JeeHaa
DJI flight times run the battery to near 0 percent not 15% in the test in the above video. That's just a marketing stretch. My Mavic exceeded 27 mins on one battery and the other was 26:45 mins.

Reactions: Kilrah
I'm averaging 17-18 minutes of flight to 15% battery. My P3P averages 18-19 same flying conditions.

I'm very impressed for the battery life in such a small package.

Reactions: AAPhoto
Have you had a chance to gather yours thoughts on MA?
Unfortunately no...windy & cold here in the Northeast for the past week. I was hoping to get her up last night for the Eagles Superbowl win fireworks here in the Philly area, but it rained the entire night,

Reactions: MAVA4
Unfortunately no...windy & cold here in the Northeast for the past week. I was hoping to get her up last night for the Eagles Superbowl win fireworks here in the Philly area, but it rained the entire night,

10-4, Congrats to Philly !

Reactions: MAVA4
It's nice little machine but not without caveats. I do really like it, and it flies well apart from some really annoying oscillation the first 30 s after takeoff. Did anyone experience that too?

If you landed from a 19 minute 27 second flight with 10% of your battery remaining, then 10% of 19 minutes 27 seconds is another 1 minute 56 seconds. 19 minutes 27 seconds + 1 minute 56 seconds = 21 minutes 23 seconds.

Is that not as advertised?

It's nice little machine but not without caveats. I do really like it, and it flies well apart from some really annoying oscillation the first 30 s after takeoff. Did anyone experience that too?
Should just need to reduce gains a bit in the advanced settings.

If you landed from a 19 minute 27 second flight with 10% of your battery remaining, then 10% of 19 minutes 27 seconds is another 1 minute 56 seconds. 19 minutes 27 seconds + 1 minute 56 seconds = 21 minutes 23 seconds.

Is that not as advertised?

Well, but how can you benefit from that if the lower limit is 15% in the DJI go 4 App?

Plus the lower part of the discharge curve is not linear, so you can't use that assumption.

You force it up and put up with the obnoxius warnings...

Anyway it's been known since years that DJI always give the "absolute maximum" specs that don't reflect normal and safe usage.

Plus the lower part of the discharge curve is not linear
It is since the percentage is based on capacity.

Reactions: heo3480
Well, but how can you benefit from that if the lower limit is 15% in the DJI go 4 App?

Plus the lower part of the discharge curve is not linear, so you can't use that assumption.

Sure, the voltage observed over the discharge curve of a lipo battery is non-linear. However, you don't appear to be taking into consideration that DJI batteries don't let you fully discharge them (and that additional percentage is hidden from the user). Since said major non-linear drop off occurs after 90% discharge and DJI are hiding the last 10% away from you, the "last 10%" that you're seeing on your controller is not part of that drop off.

Also lets not forget that the 21 minutes is in DJI's perfect conditions - this is almost certainly going to be in an extremely controlled environment, with stable temperatures optimised for battery performance, probably indoors, absolutely zero wind, etc. The fact you're getting anything close to this in uncontrolled conditions is amazing.

19 minutes to 10% today. Flew my pro after and it felt so much longer

I have had the exact same issue. I have been referring to the initial flight as 'wobbly' and I was wondering if they are due to the extremely cold weather I have been flying in. As the motors warm up they seem to go away. Is that what you are describing?

I have had the exact same issue. I have been referring to the initial flight as 'wobbly' and I was wondering if they are due to the extremely cold weather I have been flying in. As the motors warm up they seem to go away. Is that what you are describing?

Yes, the same issue .. seems like a general issue others are having as well

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu