DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vibrating Motors In Cold Temperature

Mine did this a couple times after takeoff and it went away after like 5-10 seconds. Its been below 20F here. I rarely fly when its too cold because my phone dies quickly, so this isn't that big of a deal for me. There are probably many parameters DJI can adjust in the speed controller to make it less sensitive to cold. Maybe a firmware update will be coming soon.

Reactions: Skydive100
Yea what is up with that? Imu? I seen 3 or 4 youtube videos where it shakes like a wet dog ....super weird almost prevalent to cold weather.
There is one thing tho the spark, mavic or p4 never did this. To me it seems to be imu related because when the one youtuber flys inside it is gone....got me a little scared get mine in a few days!

Here is th best explanation that is have figured so far without trying Mavic Air yet.

Page 29 of the Mavic Air Manila “In cold environments, insert the battery into the battery compartment and turn on the aircraft for approximately 1 to 2 minutes to warm up before taking off.”

Drone 51 explanation
Also read user comment about Mavic Air and IMU

Yea one guy says he flew in -4f and hes from canada idk just doesnt make sense why only a few people have this problem. Spark and mavic do not do this. So maybe it is something with design of how this thing warms up. And cold weather

I have been flying mine in extremely cold weather including -17f today. It has done this a couple times but as soon as the aircraft warms up (which I always let it do in hover) it goes away.

Yea I can confirm Im also seeing the exact same behavior in cold weather. Hopefully they can reprogram the controls to stop doing this in cold temps.

Yea man no good. I would hate that. It would absolutely bother me....especially knowing my other dji products do not do this....hopefully they can fix this with fw....question does it affect footage at all???

Same thing for me, -10 celsius in coastal humidity. Perfectly stable when indoor, shakes for about 5 seconds outdoor before it settles down.

I had the same vibration issues... Cold here as well.... Just went outside and flew after changing pitch and roll to 90 as was suggested in the link at the beginning of this topic. No more vibration for me.

What does changing pitch and roll to 90 do to flight characteristics though?

Wouldn’t increasing the gain cause faster movements on controls?
Initially pitch and roll were set at 100. Decreasing them to 90 helped me. Still responsive and no vibration. I didn't have any issues whereas on an earlier flight it was vibrating pretty good before the adjustment.

I'm new to DJI drones but have flown RC Heli's for many years. What I see in that video is what happens when the gain is set to high on the gyro. I haven't messed around in the settings much, but look and see if there is an adjustment to lower gyro gain.

Pretty cold here (haven't flown it yet, and not planning on doing so)..

Djii clearly states operating temps (not to be flown below 0c) so not sure why people still testing them in freezing temps.

Also based on the user manual, has anyone tried this ? Insert battery and turn on for 1-2 minutes (guessing just turn on with button, without actually turning props on)

**Read the exclamation point**

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180207-012851.png
    Screenshot_20180207-012851.png
    355.8 KB · Views: 42
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members