DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY REALLY UNHAPPY!!

Nice I was going to go throw best buy but they where all out so went right throw DJI .AWOL If u don't mind what part of the island u from
Best buy. com has been restocking them. Keep in mind the back in stock email notification does not work at all. I have refreshed the product page and seen the Mavic back in stock but never got an email notification. I stalked the fly more combo and was able to purchase from them a week ago. Arrived three days later. I think it was around 10am on Sunday I was able to snag it.

Colwood area. Waiting for the snow to stop so I can get the motorbike on the road and take some cool shots with the Mavic...
Yup getting hit hard here today as well. How u liking your mav I have been flying rc for a few years now but nothing as fancy as this so the flying well be easy it's the app and camra stuff I well have to figure out been watching lots of YouTube vids

Interesting thread. Couple of points. Many of us waited 9-10 weeks up front, got them and love them. Hang tight and wait. It is worth it.

As for Trust and Integrity, we are upset about a concept that does not necessarily map between our cultures and values of DJI. I lived in China for four years, speak Mandarin and did my MBA thesis on US companies doing business in China and can tell you flat out that (in their mind) the concept of lying or deceit is not as vile as it is to other cultures. The deception really began from the initial launch. They took 100% money up front, no problem doing that, have made thousands of us hang on to get a chat, chatted with a robot and always received useless information etc. The email that drove many of us to buy or buy another (like me) stating 5-7 days was simply a strategy to boost more sales (hey, they are brilliant as a company...) and it did.

Bottom line is you have to find peace in the whole 'lying and deceit' aspect of this deal because here are the bright spots

1- the thing is way under priced for what you get
2- it is a beautiful machine in design and operation (yes, some issues but tens of thousands are flying)
3- the tech support, return, repair and RMA side of the company seems to be right up there
4-it is a toy and we can all live without it so find peace and wait for your turn to have fun
5-see number 1

Now, if we overpaid, waited for an eternity and received a piece of crap.....THAT would be something to pile on about !

I moaned and complained like all others for my first one but within 2 minutes of hearing that first power up beep, I had forgiven DJI and moved on to figuring out how much fun I was going to have with this thing !

That was the cherry on the cake! They informed me that the refund could take 7 days, even though they've had my cash for 20 days! FU##ERS!!!

I'm really sorry you're getting jerked about but there is something funny about an angry Brit.

We all waited. Some even waited several several months. The good news is that the supply is running much more free than it had been. And trust me, the wait is so worth it.

Yup getting hit hard here today as well. How u liking your mav I have been flying rc for a few years now but nothing as fancy as this so the flying well be easy it's the app and camra stuff I well have to figure out been watching lots of YouTube vids
Flying is fun and easy! First flight in beginner, second trying some of the modes, third in sport. Now have a Top Speed recorded at 67.7km/h. Next is working with all the camera settings to get smooth looking video. First flight video looked pretty good edited with Tom Petty's 'Learning to Fly'!

Reactions: PowerT1998
Flying is fun and easy! First flight in beginner, second trying some of the modes, third in sport. Now have a Top Speed recorded at 67.7km/h. Next is working with all the camera settings to get smooth looking video. First flight video looked pretty good edited with Tom Petty's 'Learning to Fly'!
So what's a good program for a newbie to learn how to do all the editing on

It was a bad combination of greed, disorganization and trying to make everyone happy at the same time that sunk their boat.

Yes and also they tried to stem the tied of DJI dealers getting in stock and then selling it on eBay or on Amazon under anonymous accounts for 40% more.

I no longer trust DJI when they mention dates or make promises. I guess I am a spoiled American but I am use to a company telling me a date and it arrives within a day or two of that date, not a month or two.

Rob

Reactions: PropPilot
Yes and also they tried to stem the tied of DJI dealers getting in stock and then selling it on eBay or on Amazon under anonymous accounts for 40% more.

I no longer trust DJI when they mention dates or make promises. I guess I am a spoiled American but I am use to a company telling me a date and it arrives within a day or two of that date, not a month or two.

Rob

Different values. We see a statement as a commitment (and promise) and some cultures see a statement as an idea..... Believe me, I choked over this my first year in CN because I could not come to grips with it.

I must be lucky, ordered on the 23rd of Jan, and just got it this afternoon....good luck too you........

Yeah, their order handling is highly 'un automated'. I ordered 1/24 and no sign of shipment. Don't need it until 3rd week of March for a gift so no sweat but it is interesting to see how their supply chain works

This would be an excellent idea if these companies had Mavics in stock.

At the end of the Day DJI will have them before others will it's pure supply and demand. It's. Of different then what Apple does. Unfortunately you'll just have to wait or seek out an alternative product, but to me it's worth the wait. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Different values. We see a statement as a commitment (and promise) and some cultures see a statement as an idea..... Believe me, I choked over this my first year in CN because I could not come to grips with it.
Thanks for the perspective. Learned something new today! Great info.

I ordered on ebay Jan 20 and they said ship by end of February
So I got refund and ordered from best buy on line and had it 2 days later.
Also I believe China is on a full week of national holiday that need on 3rd of February so they will be behind on shipments for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

4 pages and no one has mentioned that the OP is lying? Ordered on Jan 20th, stated he waited 20 days.....is it Feb 9 already?

Reactions: wyodirt
4 pages and no one has mentioned that the OP is lying? Ordered on Jan 20th, stated he waited 20 days.....is it Feb 9 already?

I read it as he was so upset and frustrated time was moving faster than he realized not that he was purposefully lying.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

There's been quite a few new in the classifieds section here. All have been at MSRP or at MSRP + tax that was paid by the seller, which is fair.
Just request a refund from DJI and click on the classifieds section on the forum.
Looks like a very dramatic thread started by the OP just because he didn't get his Mavic in Amazon Prime speed.

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
Wow you are missing out big time ... many have waited months before they gave up.

Its such an awesome piece of tech. By far the best grand I have ever spent and no doubt I would of paid 2 grand & waited 2 years for this thing if thats what was required to get my hands on this dreamy drone. I certainly cant build a mavic myself [emoji137]‍♂️

After 20flights, 40+ miles in the last 2wks owning it and no issues I am sold. Sorry bout your luck man but if I were you Ide smash the ego & get back in line [emoji389]

4realTho This thing is the beez neez.. honestly i cant believe its real. So far every1 i show it too is equally as floored. 4.3mile hd fpv range in ur pockets bro. Get Ricked

63e36b5b44757bc3f2595fc43eee3fcf.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes