DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY REALLY UNHAPPY!!

I thank my lucky stars. I walked in to a store, they said they had one left in stock and didn't know when they would get more. So I bought it. Now all I hear about is how long everyone is waiting to get theirs. Seriously, If you've never owned a drone before. The wait is worth it. This thing is awesome. If you want great video and photography, Get the Phantom 4 Pro. It is a better drone for 4K video. Period.

The biggest truth here is that DJI is a chinese company. As we all know, China is communist, and eastern. Their idea of customer service is going to be completely different from that of us free people of the west. Deep down, they don't care about you except as a consumer. DJI is going to sell all the mavics they can make over at least the next year or so. They don't need any individual buyer. They don't care if you think they lied to you. And anybody who doesn't like how they are treated is just out of luck.

I don't like it either, but that's just the way it is.

Give your money to the multitude of vendors aside from DJI who carry their product. Best Buy, Crutchfield, Drone Nerds, BH Photo.

Best Buy $1299 for just the basic drone and controller. Really Best Buy, $299.00 profit for something costing everyone else $999 without tax to boot.

But if you read the actual words it say 5-7 WORKING days. Yes, that is probably still not accurate. I ordered on the 15th of January and mine is now sitting in a FedEx sorting facility about 75 miles away, with scheduled delivery on Tuesday.

Hope you don't have to ever sent anything back; they asked me for the most ridiculous list, took them a week to come through, and now I'll I hope UPS will find my battery on the window because there absolutely no way I'll take a day off work just to handle them a package- most likely I'll be forking out 100quid for a new battery because they've been pretty incompetent and unhelpful so far when it comes to replace a DOA one

The waiting for some people is difficult and I get that, but most of us were prepared for that. I ordered my Fly more combo on 1/24 along with extra batteries and props. Dji charged my debit card $1495 immediately (within minutes of me approving the purchase through Chase). As of now, I've only received the extra props. Now, there have been a few posts on other threads where people that have ordered their MP after mine and received shipping notifications from dji that their item has shipped. Of course this is a little frustrating to see, but I also don't know where these people live, how dji processes their order and many other countless scenarios. C'est la vie. All I know, is it's going to be worth the wait. Yes, I'll be checking the status several time a day, but in the end I'll get when I get it. I think it's unfortunate that the OP cancelled and in the end I believe he'll end up with one. How can you not?

I just come back from a mall in dubai and the saw plenty of stock in the 2 stores that sell mavics. I bought mine last week there and there was also enough stock. I find it strange that small shop can have stock and no stock at DJI

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

which mall bro? maybe i'll just get it from there. been waiting for more than 3 weeks now and i really need it asap. thanks a lot!

With much regret, I have just told DJI (chat; that I fully expect is a robot) where they can fly or shove the Mavic Pro Fly More combo, and Refresh package, that I purchased on the 20th January.

I purchased and paid, with payment authorised in less than an hour, on the 20th January. At that time the DJI website boasted of "shipping in 5-7 days" !!!

20 days later, and on three occasions, DJI reps on the chat service promised my shipment was allocated for 3rd February. So, all day I've been earnestly checking the status of my order, and nothing changed, it just sat there as "authorised"

The minute I got home from work, I went straight onto DJI chat, which connected immediately, instead of the usual 20 minute wait, only to be told that they couldn't ship my order because "it is out of stock". The DJI site is still displaying 7-10 day shipping for the Fly More combo!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO, so they can fly their drones where the sun doesn't shine AND post the video as far as I'm concerned.

I'd still love to have one, but at the moment I am just too annoyed to give them a penny of my money.

Bob
First ordered mine November, cancelled and re-ordered, received mid Jan, you are in the same boat as many other people you just need to get over it, By the way, it's worth the wait

PowerDirector is not expensive and covers all the basics. Lot more powerful than some of the free options, but doesn't have the learning curve of the professional products.
Thanks AWOL that sounds like something for me I well have a look at it. My MP should be here on wedsday or Thursday unless we keep getting all this snow thanks again for your help

PowerDirector is not expensive and covers all the basics. Lot more powerful than some of the free options, but doesn't have the learning curve of the professional products.
AWOL did u get your MP locall or out of country and if so any customs charges or shipping charges

I ordered 4 mavic pro's from 4 vendors. Apple, B&H, Newegg and Drone-World. When I got UPS confirmation that one had shipped, I canceled the other three orders and got my money back. I've had it for several weeks and it was worth all the hassle of getting it. So hang in there. Be smarter than the coyote.

I too waited 3 months, repeated delivery date changes from Best Buy. Happened to check Amazon (DJI) late one Friday nite they had 10. I received it Monday afternoon. No rhyme or reason to any of the ordering. Keep checking other suppliers. Hope you find one soon.

which mall bro? maybe i'll just get it from there. been waiting for more than 3 weeks now and i really need it asap. thanks a lot!
IBN batuta mall. There are 2 shops. 1 is between sharaf dg and tg fridays. 2nd 1 is close to POParazzi's popcorn.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Ease up lads. There's a worldwide shortage. I ordered mine in December and still waiting. Have some patience.

Sent from my SM-G920I using MavicPilots mobile app

Trouble is the whole situation is a mess.
The product was probably launched in haste with long delays in initial supply.
Then people ordering now and getting supplied (as per email back in early january) but those that ordered before still not being delivered.

I'm in the UK and I orded my mavic at the end of november, it arrived middle of January.

I purchased mine through Apple. Im not sure many people in the UK know apple are selling it, but more over, they are still selling it for £999 with free delivery for the standard package even though everyone else including DJI bumped the price to £1099.00.

They gave an estimated delivery window of 2 weeks betweem the middle and end of jan. By the time they listed it for shipment it took a day to arrive by DPD.

I used apple because I trust their customer service and figured if anything went wrong they would probably be the best company to deal with. Cant fault them. Delivered on all promises

This is my first ever drone and I was so nervous about spending a grand on it as my first one, but I can't tell you enough just how good this thing is. I knew it would be good, but it exceeds all expectations.

Pre-occupy yourself with something else till it lands, you will honestly forget about all the issues you've had. We all had to wait. Its rubbish, but its worth it.

Hi everyone by the way. New UK member here looking in.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom