DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rebuilding my crashed Mini 2

Ibanezbass671

Reactions
Well...it happen again, but this time is broke its front/left leg, body shell (top, middle and battery door)
Apparently the cause of the crash was a loose screw and one of the propellers came off. (Lesson learned, always do a checklist before you fly..)
20211105_130358.jpg
The drone was approx 200 feet in the air, prior to crashing, I got a motor error (Probably due to the missing propellers) and I couldn't gain control.
I tried to descend it at least to a safe point where it would not crash into an area where I cant retrieve.
Needless to say I did recover the drone after its hard landing but was devastated of the damages.

I did bought a spare drone as this one I bought of the FB market, so DJI refresh care was not available for this one
However looking at it, it does seem repairable and I did watch some youtube videos on how to repair the unit.

So I will be attempting to repair this drone to see how easy for a guy who just started this hobby can easily repair this.

Drone still functions after crash...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: hiflyer201
New Replacement Left Arm motor, Cost $24.00 on eBay
20211119_114657.jpg
New Body Shell. Cost $24.99 on eBay
20211119_145743.jpg

Bonus on the body shell is that it came assemble with the front LED, Main Board black tape and rear leg pivot assembly

Camera Gimbal, New front leg arm/motor, GPS and ECS module board installed.
View attachment 139247

Getting ready to re-solder the wires back in. At this moment I decided to remove the rest of the body wrap on the legs....lol
View attachment 139248
My compliments, I am also an electronics enthusiast and do many such repairs. I am really happy to see people who can fight with their hands and skills!Thumbswayup;)

Reactions: Ibanezbass671
Testing out the camera Gimbal.
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First start up of my Rebuild Mini 2

Funny thing is when I attempt to do a take off, the Mini 2 flipped backwards... I though, maybe I got the propellers installed the wrong way. I verified that the propellers were in fact installed correctly, so it puzzled me a little. Going back to my wires and I realized that I got the red and white wires for the rear motor in reverse....
So had to bust out the soldering kit to correct the polarity on the rear motors.....lol

The Mini 2 rebuild finally flies again

Now just waiting on the rest of the parts to come in (Top Shell and BAttery Door)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu