DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording problem?

calltrex

Reactions
Anyone else have this problem?

Up in air start recording fly around. Next thing I know it's not recording anymore. At first I thought it might be me hitting the stop button.

Look at all the footage at home and most of them are 4 to 7seconds long.

No way I accidentally pushed stop button that many times

Anyone else have this problem?

Up in air start recording fly around. Next thing I know it's not recording anymore. At first I thought it might be me hitting the stop button.

Look at all the footage at home and most of them are 4 to 7seconds long.

No way I accidentally pushed stop button that many times
Have you tried to reformat the SD card or try another? Seems it could be a card issue.

I got a new 256 extreme card in there

Maybe I need a better one

I got a new 256 extreme card in there

Maybe I need a better one
Which card exactly are you using? Even if the card is too sow, you should be getting warnings on the screen...

Mavic Min Max Video Bitrate 40 Mbps ; So, no need for the fastest, best and most expensive card.

I haven't had that problem with the Mini, but I have had it with other cameras when using a card that was a little too slow: The camera will begin to record but can't write to the card fast enough to keep up, so it stops when it fills up its buffer.

I haven't had that problem with the Mini, but I have had it with other cameras when using a card that was a little too slow: The camera will begin to record but can't write to the card fast enough to keep up, so it stops when it fills up its buffer.
Sounds about right.

Last edited:
This what I have in it now
976653ddee0cf87ebb00b413c6d1e965.jpg

Yeah, that's only good for Full HD (lower bit rates). If you want Full HD with higher bit rates, or 4K, you need faster cards. SanDisk is still very good, just faster card.

Attachments

• SD Speeds.jpg
    SD Speeds.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 12
That's a not an extreme. it's just a ULTRA.

This is how an extreme looks like and this one is also officially supported and recommended.
SE64Gb.jpg

Lower recording quality to 1080p and hope for the best. Or exchange it for an extreme.

DJI recommends SanDisk, but speed wise, this Lexar should cut it. Please, let us know.

The Mini records at up to 40 MB/s. Check that the write speed for whatever card you choose can write at least that speed. Be careful of cards that only show one transfer rate as opposed to separate read and write speeds. IE, say it says "transfer rate up to 150 MB/s". Sometimes they will read at that speed but write speed will be much slower. I've seen cards that have high read speeds but only write at 10 MB/s.

The Mini records at up to 40 MB/s. Check that the write speed for whatever card you choose can write at least that speed. Be careful of cards that only show one transfer rate as opposed to separate read and write speeds. IE, say it says "transfer rate up to 150 MB/s". Sometimes they will read at that speed but write speed will be much slower. I've seen cards that have high read speeds but only write at 10 MB/s.
Actually, the Mini records at 40 megabits per second (Mbps), not megabytes. However, video cameras typically write in relatively small chunks, which will be slower -- much slower in some cards -- than the maximum MB/s that a card might do for large block writes. So, if you're getting a card especially for the Mini, it's safest to go with one that's known to work.

Actually, the Mini records at 40 megabits per second (Mbps), not megabytes. However, video cameras typically write in relatively small chunks, which will be slower -- much slower in some cards -- than the maximum MB/s that a card might do for large block writes. So, if you're getting a card especially for the Mini, it's safest to go with one that's known to work.

Point is, if you don't use one of the recommended cards, make sure the write speed is fast enough. Don't go by just a single claimed transfer speed. Been buying microsd cards since about 2012 and learned this the hard way. :)

It's also worth remembering there are a lot of fake cards out there, which is usually the main problem. If you aren't popping into a proper shop to buy it, then be careful as you can't even trust places like Amazon a lot of the time.

Personally, I hate waiting for files to transfer so I prefer to buy one that's faster than needed.

Reactions: ThorDar
there no need to get more than a 64gb size card its better to use several smaller cards so you are not flying with so much stuff on the card which will all be lost if you lose the drone
and if you do clear the card after each flight then you are just paying for storage capacity that you are not using

there no need to get more than a 64gb size card its better to use several smaller cards
Sometimes you get a sweet deal and just want one. @WooZie wanted a 64 gb one and I pursued him to buy a bigger one (samsung 128 gb Evo plus) that had a significant discount. Around 23 $ at that time. Heck, I would pursue everyone to buy one for the right price. :)

Reactions: WooZie
I tested another card which is almost as fast as an Extreme and my MM wasn't liking it... must be some kind of spec, not Write speeds. It was recording the first video, the complaining about card error. I had to resort back the 64 GB UHS-I U3 (Samsung EVO) that I specifically bought for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki