DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recover Drone in Tree

Marty Markoe

Reactions
Site
www.martymarkoephotography.com
Mavic Pro got stuck in tree several weeks ago. Hired a tree service that brought bucket truck to retrieve from 30' up. Charge for service, 1/4 cost of Mavic Pro. Only damage to Mavic was a single propeller and to me no eating for several weeks due to thinner wallet.

Accidentally came across:
RETREEV Compact Retrieval Tool
Added the 100' Tactical Cord for a total with shipping about $40.00. It's lightweight, only a couple of ounces, and easily fits in my Mountainsmith Descent Camera Pack This is a lightweight sling backup that holds Mavic Pro, extra battery, sunshade, accessories and my Olympus EM-1 DSLR with extras.

I've cut the 100' tactical cord to 50' as I doubt I could throw grappling hook even that far. The tactic for tree retrieval is to not throw on the Mavic but onto branch and shake branch to release Mavic.
Marty

Reactions: AronJW and Sndflea
Did you try a basketball or football first? Or next time chop the tree down. ;)
Football is a great idea. I just tried stuffing one in my backpack. It fits, however I had to remove everything else. Choice, play football, or fly drone and photograph. :)

Have football, will travel. Wire Palladin, SF [for those old enough to remember]

Mavic Pro got stuck in tree several weeks ago. Hired a tree service that brought bucket truck to retrieve from 30' up. Charge for service, 1/4 cost of Mavic Pro. Only damage to Mavic was a single propeller and to me no eating for several weeks due to thinner wallet.

So that means that in order to buy your Mavic in the first place that you had to go without eating for several months? If I were you I would completely avoid flying within a quarter of a mile of any tree or building.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinskajitka