DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recreational to Part 107

sjc93

Reactions
Hi guys, I passed my part 107 and got my temporary certificate. My question is kind of dumb, but I wasn't sure. Do I remove my recreational registration number from my drone to put on my part 107 registration or just keep them both? I thought I saw before that you can fly under either with a part 107, so I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Reactions: spicciani2
You visit the FAADroneZone page FAADroneZone
Log in to your account and then there is a plus sign in the upper right side of the page that looks like this
1566333742386.png

Click on the Plus sign and you will be guided through the process to convert to a Part 107 PIC and generate unique FAA Registration numbers for each drone that you intend to fly.

As stated above, only ONE registation # per aircraft very much like an automobile.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Hi guys, I passed my part 107 and got my temporary certificate. My question is kind of dumb, but I wasn't sure. Do I remove my recreational registration number from my drone to put on my part 107 registration or just keep them both? I thought I saw before that you can fly under either with a part 107, so I'm not sure.

Thanks!

If you use the drone for Part 107 then you need to register it under Part 107 on the FAA website and you must use that registration number.

Reactions: Thomas B
If I get authorization to fly in controlled air space on air map or Kittyhawk can I fly on the dji app or do I have to fly on app that I’m getting authorization

If I get authorization to fly in controlled air space on air map or Kittyhawk can I fly on the dji app or do I have to fly on app that I’m getting authorization
That will only allow you to legally fly (using any app). You'll still need to unlock the GEO Zone by self unlocking or submitting a custom unlock request here.

So does that mean that I can fly on the dji app
It means an authorization from the FAA will not allow you to fly in DJI GO. You'll always need to unlock GEO Zones (whether or not you have authorization from the FAA). Authorization from the FAA does nothing but make your flight legal.

Just asking cause where I’m at is controlled air space and I can still fly on the dji app just pressing that I I’m responsible for me flying where I’m at and says fly with caution I’m sure it’s not legal so I don’t fly where I’m at and I was just wondering about getting authorization through Kittyhawk and be legal to fly on the dji app

Reactions: Thomas B
I’m sure it’s not legal so I don’t fly where I’m at
Kittyhawk will show you if you need FAA authorization or if it's a no fly zone.

Thanks!

Did you submit a 107 register for a drone on the FAA website and get a 107 registration number for that particular drone? If yes, then you remove the number that was on the drone and use the 107 registration number. If you have drones you were using recreationally and plan to continue to use them recreationally ONLY then leave the original registration number on them.

Just asking cause where I’m at is controlled air space and I can still fly on the dji app just pressing that I I’m responsible for me flying where I’m at and says fly with caution I’m sure it’s not legal so I don’t fly where I’m at and I was just wondering about getting authorization through Kittyhawk and be legal to fly on the dji app
Short answer... yes. I get LAANC clearance with AirMap on my phone ( never connected it to my M2P), but I fly using a CS running the DJI app (nothing else on the CS). Interesting that the NFZ header flickers on startup for maybe 1-2 seconds after drone startup and connection to CS, but is good to fly with normal header. I have never seen the page many speak of with the DJI disclaimer and checkbox. Running current software on everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman