DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red interference in video?

shutterguy

Reactions
I was out flying today shooting some clips of friends on motorcycles. I noticed there is some red flashing interference in the clip as I point the gimbal down. You can see it in the video below toward the end of the 2nd clip (0:24 - 0:29 mark)

Are you using a polarized ND filter? What was your video resolution, mode and style? I do think your color saturation is a bit high making this problem worse.

Interesting. It seems like something optical, which might be good news in that it doesn't look like a camera defect. If it were me, I would go out and try to film the save pavement, same time of day, same angles, etc. Then turn the craft around at the same spot. I too wonder if it's a polarization effect (if you're using a polarizer, you might mention the brand and strength).

Chris

Are you using a polarized ND filter? What was your video resolution, mode and style? I do think your color saturation is a bit high making this problem worse.

No filter used. Video resolution was 4K, in auto mode. Manual flight, not sure if that matters. I haven't adjusted anything else in the settings. Never noticed this before.

Interesting. It seems like something optical, which might be good news in that it doesn't look like a camera defect. If it were me, I would go out and try to film the save pavement, same time of day, same angles, etc. Then turn the craft around at the same spot. I too wonder if it's a polarization effect (if you're using a polarizer, you might mention the brand and strength).

Chris

Thanks Chris, I will try this again at the same spot and time and see if I can replicate it. No polarizer used, no filters on the lens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52