DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red light on charger...

NCjonNC

Reactions
Purchased two new batteries... Not knock offs... genuine.

One charges fine on 4 way charger but the second makes charger light turn red and does nothing for the battery. No lights at all on battery when off charger pressing button once.

Of course the directions for the charger are basically worthless. I assume the red light is showing some type of fault.

Can this battery be “woke up” or is it most likely DOA?

I realize I need to send it back and will... I’m just curious if I have missed something? I checked the serial number on the website... battery date was November 2018.

It’s that 4 way cube charger that comes with the fly more kits. I know... I need to get a better charger... lol!

I didn’t leave it on more than a minute or so... the red light kinda freaked me out so I took it off.

the red light means it is not charging when you put all the batteries on the hub it charges the one with the most charge left in it first then it goes round to the next one and so on sometimes if a battery is left to long with a very low charge in it it will not charge up try just charging the faulty one with the single lead from the charger unplug it from the hub and then plug it into the battery and see if it charges how many lights come on the battery when you try to turn it on you do know that you have to do a quick press and then hold it down to switch on the battery dont you pressing it once will not do it

I tend to agree. Safest thing to do is to send it back for another I guess. Thought maybe there was something I wasn’t aware of.

I appreciate your thoughts... thank you!

I will try that next... thanks.

Yes... I’m aware of the button needing to be pushed twice to turn on but a single press should show how much charge it had I thought? I get no lights either way.
it does seem to be a dud probably been left with no or low charge for to long a real battery killer im afraid just try one more thing plug it in to the hub and then turn on the battery and see if the light on the hub turns green if it does leave it to charge for a while and make sure it is not swelling sometimes this can reset the charge circuit in the battery

It sounds to me like this battery is in hibernation mode.

Put it on your stock DJI charger for a few minutes and I bet the first led light on the battery will start blinking.

Reactions: old man mavic
I’ll give it a try... thanks!
no problem im off to bed now its late where i am in the UK hope you get the problem sorted one way or another good luck

I tend to agree. Safest thing to do is to send it back for another I guess. Thought maybe there was something I wasn’t aware of.

I appreciate your thoughts... thank you!
Let’s find out how old it is. I just need the serial number.

Exiting hibernation should be almost instant. He did say he couldn't turn it on, and the hub LED was red.

Perhaps leaving it several minutes might help. I'm suspecting the wake up circuit is blown.

Hi,

I just flew my Mavic pro (first gen) with a battery that charged up fine. Flew the battery down to 20% and now when I try to charge it, the single LED blings very rapidly for a second (faster than the charging indicator pattern), then the green LED on the charging block turns from green to RED.

When I try to connect the battery to just the individual charger, the LED on the battery does the same thing, blinks very rapidly, then turns off.

Any suggestions?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman