DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reducing photos/videos before post-processing

orca.skynet

Reactions
Hi MavicPilots! First post!

Not sure if this is the right subforum to post in but it is related to editing workflow. With my GoPro and Sony RX100V, when I have free time (ie: waiting for and flying on a plane), I use the UI on the camera to start deleting photos that I feel I won't like to keep so I don't have to go through them in when importing and selecting for post-processing.

This is a little difficult for the Mavic Air (although I think it also applies to other drones). I have to power up the drone, connect my phone to the RC, then power up the RC just so I can browse through the aerials and reduce the numbers.

I know it would be better if I just took less but better quality photos but I'm not at that level yet. Do you have any tips in sorting through a week long trip's worth of aerials that can be done easily before importing and processing on the computer?

Instead of connecting to the drone, perhaps you could remove the mSD card from the Drone and pop it in your phone or a tablet/laptop to sift through & delete the images?
From my understanding it's faster to copy direct from the card and less chance of corruption. You can also be charging your drone batteries while copying files :)
It's just a shame that the Air's mSD card slot is so hard to access with big fingers! A tab made with a piece of tape on the mSD cards helps with removal.

Good idea! Need to find myself a nice compact card reader for my USB-C Android phone.

And thanks for the tip for removal. I have been struggling with that too. Good thing I usually leave a bit of nail on so I can use that to pull on the embossed end of the sd card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929