DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reducing Take Off Altitude

Meneer

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, how do I reduce the take off height from the standard 1.2m to something like 0.5m or something like that? I tried looking at settings to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Not sure what you are asking here? Do you mean the hover height after TO?

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, how do I reduce the take off height from the standard 1.2m to something like 0.5m or something like that? I tried looking at settings to no avail.

Thanks in advance
If it's measuring from controller to ground, I guess you could hold the controller at ground level when taking off.

Height is measured by the drone at the takeoff point, so 0 is always measured from the takeoff point.

Don’t know for sure what happens when the operator resets the Home Point when in flight.

You can do it one of two ways. First one is use manual as Meta4 had said or use the drone-hacks free editor and change your default height to what you want.
Screenshot (102).png

Launch manually and you can go as high or low as you want.
I did not know I could do that!

I always land manually but never knew I could take off manually. Thank you guys! Now I can launch from indide of my car's boot without hitting the hatch

I did not know I could do that!

I always land manually but never knew I could take off manually. Thank you guys! Now I can launch from indide of my car's boot without hitting the hatch
Launching from a car is potentially hazardous.
It's a good idea to keep the drone away from steel objects when powering up and launching.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar