DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Regatta off the coast of Nesebar l Drone Footage

mattcoq

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Was walking around Nesebar last September with my Mavic 2 Pro, but I didn't plan to fly since the colors weren't really great and the weather just soso ...

Then I spotted some sailing boat in the distance which seemed to be participating to a regatta ...

Decided to try and fly out in order to what I could get out of such an event ...

Some good pictures but I would have proceeded differently, surely a little bit lower - but the proximity of so many sailing boats, I didn't want to take any risks ...

Enjoy the flight and the regatta ...

Matt

Great video worthy of a mainstream news footage. I thought you were low enough to give good resolution. Any lower and you would need to be in a chase boat with an observer to check for obstacles while you were flying. Good job!

Reactions: mattcoq
A great piece of flying. How many klms from your home point were you? Any signal loss issues? Great video ??

Thanks a lot ...

For this video, I made two flights :

For the first one, I went up to 2,6 km away from the home point
On the second one, I went to 2,2 km away from the HP

In both cases, absolutely no loss of transmission or lag in the video ... It always stayed solid and crystal clear ...

M2P is really a beast for that ...

Capture d’écran 2021-01-12 à 15.29.13.png

Capture d’écran 2021-01-12 à 15.29.48.png

Great video worthy of a mainstream news footage. I thought you were low enough to give good resolution. Any lower and you would need to be in a chase boat with an observer to check for obstacles while you were flying. Good job!

Thanks a lot ...

I totally agree with you, reason why I didn't go lower ...

Or if we could have a second camera pointing behind the drone in order to have a clear idea of our surroundings at all times ;-)

Hi everyone,

Was walking around Nesebar last September with my Mavic 2 Pro, but I didn't plan to fly since the colors weren't really great and the weather just soso ...

Then I spotted some sailing boat in the distance which seemed to be participating to a regatta ...

Decided to try and fly out in order to what I could get out of such an event ...

Some good pictures but I would have proceeded differently, surely a little bit lower - but the proximity of so many sailing boats, I didn't want to take any risks ...

Enjoy the flight and the regatta ...

Matt

Excellent job!

Reactions: mattcoq
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob@max