DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registered drone given away.......

Prmath

Reactions
Does the new owner need to re register or is it good till 2020. TIA

Does the new owner need to re register or is it good till 2020. TIA
If you are talking about FAA recreational registration, the FAA doesn't register the drone.
They register the user who is covered for as many drones as they use.

Reactions: Prmath
Does the new owner need to re register or is it good till 2020
Yes. Everyone in the US must register before flying a DJI drone outside.

if you mean registering the drone with DJI then yes the new owner would have to go through the same process as you did when you first got the drone

Reactions: Prmath
if you mean registering the drone with DJI then yes the new owner would have to go through the same process as you did when you first got the drone
And do you mean activating the drone? If so, the drone can only be activated by the first person that uses it. The second owner and beyond will only need to log into DJI GO and fly.

Reactions: old man mavic
when i was letting a friend try out my PH3S to allow him to fly he had to use my e mail address and DJI password on his device so we could both fly together and in doing so the flight record of the flights he did were shown on my flight records as though i had been flying the drone myself.i believe that if you sell or in the OPs case give the drone away then the new owner would have to go through the process to enable them to fly but i could be wrong

And no ... once a drone has been activated with DJI, that's done.
The new user would just have to install the app and open their own DJI account.

Reactions: old man mavic
And no ... once a drone has been activated with DJI, that's done.
The new user would just have to install the app and open their own DJI account.
right so its the DJI account that is the important part, thanks for the info i was confusing the two different things sorry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52