DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering your drone as Recreational or Commercial

BuddyD

Reactions
Hey guys, probably another dumb question here but I just bit the bullet and bought a drone for the first time and now that I'm about to register it and everything, I was wondering if you register as a recreational user can you later change it for commercial if you decide later to go that route?? Thanks for your input!

Yes, you can change it to commercial at a later date after meeting the qualification requirements.

Reactions: BuddyD
Make sure you are on the .GOV website, that only charges $5 for 3 years. There are a lot of scammy sites that allow you to spend up to 10 times more

Yes, you can change it to commercial at a later date after meeting the qualification requirements.

You cannot change the registration because the recreational registration is not specific to the drone, while the Part 107 registration is, but you can go back to the FAA site and register any drone under the Part 107 section. And you don't have to be Part 107 qualified to do that.

The part 107 is relative to the operator of the drone, recreational or commercial. The operator must have a commercial rating to operate the drone for commercial purposes for payment of drone services such as for recoding a wedding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai