DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration refunds

Registration still costs $5. Since it's no longer required, the FAA is refunded people who previously registered.

Registration still costs $5. Since it's no longer required, the FAA is refunded people who previously registered.

Cool, so are there benefits for registering the drone? Where can I find the document saying it's no longer required?

Cool, so are there benefits for registering the drone? Where can I find the document saying it's no longer required?
It's good if somehow you loose it, and people can find you and give it back to you. For me, personally, I am going to keep my registration.

What are the negatives of staying registered? I guess at a minimum, even if we don't fill out the form, we can take the registration # stickers off our Mavics.

What are the negatives of staying registered? I guess at a minimum, even if we don't fill out the form, we can take the registration # stickers off our Mavics.

There's not really any negatives. I am keeping mine, just because it is only 5$ and who knows if we will have to register it again in the future. Plus if it gets lost, and if someone finds it find it and returns it you will be happy you kept it. Or if you are traveling outside of the country and say they need your information on it, always a good thing to have. Plus it's only 5 dollars

It's good if somehow you loose it, and people can find you and give it back to you. For me, personally, I am going to keep my registration.

The FAA won't give out that information to just anybody. If you're worried about losing your Mavic you're better off labeling it with your phone number or email address.

Reactions: KiterTodd
The FAA won't give out that information to just anybody. If you're worried about losing your Mavic you're better off labeling it with your phone number or email address.

I have that on my mavic as well, but I am keeping my registration, just incase! Plus, if they return to us needing to register, I will already have mine, and I won't need to get it again, plus, it's not doing any harm if you keep it, so why fix something that's not broken?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627