DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration (Romania and other countries)

Zselter

Reactions
Hey guys, i am totally new to this drone world and I am about to purchase a spark or a mavic air, so both are below 500 grams. I am not sure, I read that Romania (I live here) do not need drones that are under 500 g to be registered, but in USA for example the limit is 250g if I'm not wrong. So i wonder if it should be registered if I'm not planning to go to USA or is 250g the limit in other countries aswell ? Cheers!

Hey guys, i am totally new to this drone world and I am about to purchase a spark or a mavic air, so both are below 500 grams. I am not sure, I read that Romania (I live here) do not need drones that are under 500 g to be registered, but in USA for example the limit is 250g if I'm not wrong. So i wonder if it should be registered if I'm not planning to go to USA or is 250g the limit in other countries aswell ? Cheers!
The EU Standard allows you to fly a UAV for recreational purpose upto 4kg. This means you do not need to register it if you are using it for personal use. Whenever flying for commercial usage you always need a registration.

Edit: though it is always wise to register it, if you loose it, it might be returned to you :)

Last edited:
The rules for Europe is changing, we will see what are the rules.
The UE parliament work at new set of UAV rules for the entire European Union.
Now in some UE country the googles are forbidden you must fly only in site 200m distance and 120m altitude.

The EU Standard allows you to fly a UAV for recreational purpose upto 4kg. This means you do not need to register it if you are using it for personal use. Whenever flying for commercial usage you always need a registration.

Edit: though it is always wise to register it, if you loose it, it might be returned to you :)
are you sure this applies to romania ? i saw that you might have to register :S ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143