DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regulations in China as of June 2017

szh

Reactions
Are foreigners allowed to bring drones to China and to fly them?

There were several reports that since June 1st, 2017 drone registration is compulsory in China. How does this new rule affect foreigners? How and where can drones be registered? Is it possible without a Chinese ID? I was not able to find much practical information in English.

Drone owners must register real names - China - Chinadaily.com.cn

Additionally, I would like to know if there are any local restrictions in the city of Wuhan. I will be in China during June-July.

im going to chengdu. how is the customs and tighten checking all bags looking out for drones inside bags. i Do not have a code +86 China no. How am i able to register? can i register over there n sign a line +86

I can't say much about taking the drone into China because I activated it there for the first time. I did need a Chinese phone number for that (and someone to help with translation). You should probably get a local phone number—it's easy, and you might be able to do it at the airport when you arrive. I recommend China Unicom because its network is the most compatible with phones form other countries (unless you come from a place with weird mobile standards, like the US).

As for air travel with a drone, airport staff seemed to be well familiar with drones, and they always checked that the battery capacity was within allowed limits. Be prepared to show them where the Wh rating is indicated on the battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada