DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Release date?

I just got an email from DJI stating that since the release date the demand has been overwhelming; well, read and figure out what it means:

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in
mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your
Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates,
or you can check for new information in our online storehttp://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro.

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI

I got the exact email last night. Now on my DJI account doesn't show any shipping info at all. It, up until last night, showed Pending. Good news? Bad news? What's the email really say?

What's the email really say?
"We're going to be shipping later than expected, so please stop hounding us with shipping status requests"

I reckon we have all been victim of a simple business move.
Foldable go pro comes out a month or so before mavic ready. Dji panics. It thinks that a large number of potential customers will be either impatient to wait for dji (tech nerds are an impatient lot) or oblivious to dji product coming out. So it decided to announce the mavic earlier than it really should-they werect ready. Get people hooked and committed with a pre-order and then later delay the release. It makes complete sense really. They could have lost a lot of customers to go pro. Leaves me feeling bit of a puppet really though. So I reckon it will Def be a few weeks at least before most of us get it.

If it had been intentional, they could have just as easily given a Nov. 1 date. The Mavic and the Karma are different enough that people aren't choosing the Mavic just because it had a slightly earlier ship date.

I'm guessing unexpected slight delay in logistics somewhere.

Still, that letter's annoying in that it really doesn't say anything other than that the Mavic is in Production. "Will start shipping later this week" or "We appreciate your patience while shipping is delayed two weeks" would have been much nicer. Just to know.

Heck, I'm still waiting on the letter. ;-)

I wouldn't care, but in early November I'm going to get a chance to be in a spot where drone footage would be really cool, and I was really looking forward to having the Mavic for that.

I wouldn't care, but in early November I'm going to get a chance to be in a spot where drone footage would be really cool, and I was really looking forward to having the Mavic for that.

Same here. I'm heading on vacation in the later part of November and I'd LOVE to have a Mavic by then. But I'm also not rich and $1000 is A LOT of money for me. It's the type of purchase decision that I take a lot of time contemplating, and save money for. So to think that a company can sort of "play" around with my money like this definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth towards DJI in general, especially as a first-time customer.

Same here. I'm heading on vacation in the later part of November and I'd LOVE to have a Mavic by then. But I'm also not rich and $1000 is A LOT of money for me. It's the type of purchase decision that I take a lot of time contemplating, and save money for. So to think that a company can sort of "play" around with my money like this definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth towards DJI in general, especially as a first-time customer.
Mine is still on pre-order through Amazon and I have not yet been charged. I'm assuming they charge when they ship. Did DJI direct already charge you for the purchase??

I just got an email from DJI stating that since the release date the demand has been overwhelming; well, read and figure out what it means:

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in
mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your
Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates,
or you can check for new information in our online storehttp://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro.

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
DJI

It reminds me of the Yuneec Typhoon H launch. Everyone received an email like this after the shipping date was long past. It took Yuneec a month to finally ship the product out.

I wonder if the GoPro Karma will also have the same issue. The site shows that you can't order it until the 23 October 2016, but does that mean they then ship it.... or do we wait, wait, wait. It seems a big part of the drone competition is to give out an early availability date just so people buy your product over another. But it does not mean the company will stick to it.

I don't think that we have even come close to being anywhere near a bad release yet... It is what 4 days late shipping? To each their own though.

I got a confirmation email that mine will be shipped next week.. I called & verified, of course who really knows.. FYI this is my first drone!

Until the Mavic Pro actually arrives at your front door, everything is subject to change and no promises made by anyone can now be depended upon. The Chinese term for these false promises is "Administrative error.":rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just had an update email sent to all the people with pre-orders with FPV in the UK and it's looking like November sometime which is still fine with me, I'm in no real rush just thought I would share.

DJI have informed us that the shipping date for UK stock has been delayed until "November".
(We asked for a more specific date, but "November" is all they would say).

Amazon orders now say "This item will be available November 15" UGH That is not good. I want a good trouble free bird but that is on the edge of my acceptable limits..

Amazon orders now say "This item will be available November 15" UGH That is not good. I want a good trouble free bird but that is on the edge of my acceptable limits..
Sold my P3 so guess I'll have to wait....

If it's a quality control issue, or an issue of a shortage outsourcing the necessary components, well then I don't mind waiting. I'd rather receive a unit that works correctly than be one of the ones (and there will be several) who gets a "lemon" Mavic.

Dear Customers,

DJI is pleased to let you know we’ve begun shipping the Mavic Pro starting today.

As we told you earlier this week, demand is heavy, and we are working round the clock to get the Mavic Pro in your hands. Please check online for updates on your order status.

We thank you for showing such enthusiasm for our technology and look forward to having you flying as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Adam Najberg

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929