DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID for Mini 3 Pro, Air 2s, and Mavic 3

R

rcanboy27

Good evening, folks, Today I read I post from "Mobilehomer", a member of this site, in which he stated he conducted a RID test flying his UAV. He stated that RID was appearing on his phone network connections. I did a test with my Mini 3 Pro, Air 2s, and Mavic 3, well, he is right, all of them appear eighter on my tablet network connection or my phone network connection. All you have to do is fire up the motors, go to your network connections on your phone or tablet and they will appear after 30 seconds. Press and hold the phone screen on top of the RID for one second, and the whole RID number will display. The bird does not have to be in the air. Kudos to "Mobilehomer" for this discovery, I am just relaying the results of his experiment. Lots of smart folks in this forum. See for yourself, this will answer a lot of questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening, folks, Today I read I post from "Mobilehomer", a member of this site, in which he stated he conducted a RID test flying his UAV. He stated that RID was appearing on his phone network connections. I did a test with my Mini 3 Pro, Air 2s, and Mavic 3, well, he is right, all of them appear eighter on my tablet network connection or my phone network connection. All you have to do is fire up the motors, go to your network connections on your phone or tablet and they will appear after 30 seconds. Press and hold the phone screen on top of the RID for one second, and the whole RID number will display. The bird does not have to be in the air. Kudos to "Mobilehomer" for this discovery, I am just relaying the results of his experiment. Lots of smart folks in this forum. See for yourself, this will answer a lot of questions.
So many members will be happy that RID is transmitting,I know I can hardly wait for it.

But this is based on having installed the latest firmware, correct?
I want and have RID on my Mavic 3 Cine but don’t want to have it on my Mini 3 Pro, so I have not updated the FW on that bird.

But this is based on having installed the latest firmware, correct?
I want and have RID on my Mavic 3 Cine but don’t want to have it on my Mini 3 Pro, so I have not updated the FW on that bird.
Question for you,why do you want RID on your Mavic 3,or anything else especially now.
There is no one to see the signal going out anyway.
i am going to do what most on here probably will do and that is wait until the last possible minute
until that garbage is activated.

Reactions: shreid
Question for you,why do you want RID on your Mavic 3,or anything else especially now.
i am going to do what most on here probably will do and that is wait until the last possible minute
Unfortunately is already activated. Fire up the UAV engine, go to your phone networks connection, wait 30 sec and you will see your RID.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately is already activated.
I know we are so lucky.I fly an air 2 that is not RID compliant and will probably have to get a goofy
module to stick on top of it how nice.I am still on fly app version 1.6.10 yet.And so far have no desire
to update until forced to I guess.
Have a good day.

The Mavic 3 is my commercial bird, I really don’t want RID per se but I do want to be in compliance when it goes live. The main reason for being ok with RID now is the new feature set represented pretty big improvements to my day to day use of the drone for the work I do so I figured since it would happen sooner or later, I am good with it now. I also have three other drones in my fleet.

I do think DJI pulled a BS move here though and that these features could have easily predated or been separate from this turning on of RID.

It is what it is, update or don’t update.

The Mavic 3 is my commercial bird, I really don’t want RID per se but I do want to be in compliance when it goes live. The main reason for being ok with RID now is the new feature set represented pretty big improvements to my day to day use of the drone for the work I do so I figured since it would happen sooner or later, I am good with it now. I also have three other drones in my fleet.

I do think DJI pulled a BS move here though and that these features could have easily predated or been separate from this turning on of RID.

It is what it is, update or don’t update.
Oh ok i understand now you wanting to have your wonderful Mavic 3 compliant.DJI pulled a real dirty deal on it for us.
Pretty powerless to do anything about it.Have to update it eventually I guess.
I have an Air 2 right now ,so it not being compliant I am looking at a goofy module to stick on the drone.
But I am considering a mini 3 pro with regular batteries and not the + ones.Maybe this will good enough
to escape RID.But I know with the latest update RID is activated on the mini 3 pro .who knows how this is
going to work out in the end.
Have a great day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15