DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote right joystick sticking

defleper

Reactions
Yesterday I did something completely stupid. I stepped on my remote while showing someone how to use the tracking/follow mode. Not sure why I set my controller down, but it was a big mistake.

Yeah he right joystick is now sticking and I’m getting thenloud beeping stick error when I turn it on.

Is there a fix for this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reactions: Former Member
Yesterday I did something completely stupid. I stepped on my remote while showing someone how to use the tracking/follow mode. Not sure why I set my controller down, but it was a big mistake.

Yeah he right joystick is now sticking and I’m getting thenloud beeping stick error when I turn it on.

Is there a fix for this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you for mentioning me @Irish-apple

The stick or the board might need to be replaced. I can fix it for you. Where are you located?

Thank you for mentioning me @Irish-apple

The stick or the board might need to be replaced. I can fix it for you. Where are you located?

Thanks for replying @Thunderdrones. I am located in Ohio. Just to give a little more description of the damage, when I move the joystick to the left, it now gets stuck to the left. It doesn’t automatically go back to the middle or what not. I was lucky to get my drone down before serious damage happened to it.

Thanks for replying @Thunderdrones. I am located in Ohio. Just to give a little more description of the damage, when I move the joystick to the left, it now gets stuck to the left. It doesn’t automatically go back to the middle or what not. I was lucky to get my drone down before serious damage happened to it.

Yes you were lucky, although when the battery got low it would have either returned to home and landed, or just landed.

Can you post some pictures of the damage?

Yes you were lucky, although when the battery got low it would have either returned to home and landed, or just landed.

Can you post some pictures of the damage?

There is no physical damage that the eye can see. Just the right joystick knob not working correctly and getting stuck.

If it bothers you and you cannot live with the way it is I can fix it or you could send it to DJI

Well I can’t use the controller. It has the stick error and beeps at me if I even turn the remote on. I’m just trying to diagnose it before I send it off in case I can fix it. (Not to downplay your services @Thunderdrones)

You can take it apart and look for broken parts
I will disassemble this evening and report back with you. I still may need to send it out depending on if there is damage outside of my fixing.

Thanks again for all of your replies on this thread. I appreciate it!

I will disassemble this evening and report back with you. I still may need to send it out depending on if there is damage outside of my fixing.

Thanks again for all of your replies on this thread. I appreciate it!

Dont be afraid to use gorilla strength to pry the parts apart. They wont break.

Thunderdrones...do you mod controllers for antennas also? I might be interested in doing one later this year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21