DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Removing stock lens is very stressful!

Only have the M2P.... That is what I was referencing in my last post. Not sure about the Zoom.
Same here. That one is easy. No threads. Just springs. The M2Z with tiny threads is far more challenging. The M2P one still does require a bit of practice to get the removal down. Learning to push in on the correct corners with the spring pins was the trick for me. Gripping it really isn't the problem, unlike the M2Z.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
I bought this accessory for the M2P too, still hard to remove it, as I am concerned about the gimbal ...

I wonder why there are so few for the M2Z.
Altough I rarely change it, for still it's not often needed. ;)

Got it off eventually with a rubber band using torque and not squeezing tightly. Still think it would be a better idea to ship with no lens cap on and just some sort of peelable film to protect the lens. The lens cap or ND filters could then be put on by the purchaser. I would bet there's been some brand new unused drones sent back due to this issue!

Put the M2 in the freezer for 3-5min. It will unscrew very easy.

It won’t hurt the Mavic in a normal home freezer at normal temps.

P

using surgical gloves I was able to removed the air, mavic 2 with less effort. at first seems so tight if i press my grip so tight and turn but when i just lighter press and twist it letting the rubber gloves grip then twist it works! I read it somewhere not to grip it tightly?

using surgical gloves I was able to removed the air, mavic 2 with less effort. at first seems so tight if i press my grip so tight and turn but when i just lighter press and twist it letting the rubber gloves grip then twist it works! I read it somewhere not to grip it tightly?
Yes, the metal is not that hard or rigid and it gripped too tight, it will flex and not turn.

Yes, the metal is not that hard or rigid and it gripped too tight, it will flex and not turn.
It needs to be rotated without being squeezed, which is why even pressure all around from a rubber band or strap wrench works best.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4