DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair with Attack (cyanoacrylate)

HerManSoft

Reactions
Hi. a while ago, I had a bad fall from which I believed, to have come out unscathed.

unfortunately today, checking my Mavic a little, I realized that a camera anchor is broken, as in the photo.

If it is not replaceable, I thought of attaching it with cyanoacrylate (attack).

Do I have to unscrew the two screws of that exact cover?

Do you think the Mavic plastic is compatible with cyanoacrylate?

thank you20190403_175607.jpeg20190403_175524.jpeg

@Thunderdrones

Would it help make the glue stick better if he sands the plastic first? I do that with my repairs as well.
Thank to all guys ..

tomorrow I remove the cover and see if it's a replaceable part.

If so (thunderdrones) if it is replaceable and you have it sent? I of channels I have very little for spare parts, maybe they could have from aliexpress joom Geek etc.

But in any case, I better open and if not disturbed put here.

thank you all..

you have my respect.

Probably a flexible adhesive would be better.
Can you tell from the picture if it's a replaceable part?

ok I'll see him tomorrow ...

but I'm curious.

To think that yesterday I flew and I didn't even notice it.

UFH! what anger though

I was convinced that I could never let it fall.

What do you say Thunder

according to your experience and photos ..

Is a separate part the one that holds the Gimball rubbers or is it part of the frame?

ok I'll see him tomorrow ...

but I'm curious.

To think that yesterday I flew and I didn't even notice it.

UFH! what anger though

I was convinced that I could never let it fall.

What do you say Thunder

according to your experience and photos ..

Is a separate part the one that holds the Gimball rubbers or is it part of the frame?
Hi, today I wanted to open part of the body (see photo) to evaluate the damage and its repair.

To my surprise, one of the two bolts is filled in my opinion with hot glue or something similar.

Is this a normal thing?

I take it off with an exact pin?

thanks in advance for help.

(I prefer to ask for discounted things than to make mistakes)

Strangely enough, it is the only one that appears clogged.

I'm always lucky ;-)

The Drone had been purchased new from Mediaworld .. (sealed package), but a doubt arises, despite having opened all the seals of the package.

Whether it is something repaired and fixed with glue, or worse still a recycled return?

20190404_111141.jpeg20190404_112321.jpeg20190404_112411.jpeg20190404_112441.jpeg

Hi, today I wanted to open part of the body (see photo) to evaluate the damage and its repair.

To my surprise, one of the two bolts is filled in my opinion with hot glue or something similar.

Is this a normal thing?

I take it off with an exact pin?

thanks in advance for help.

(I prefer to ask for discounted things than to make mistakes)

Strangely enough, it is the only one that appears clogged.

I'm always lucky ;-)

The Drone had been purchased new from Mediaworld .. (sealed package), but a doubt arises, despite having opened all the seals of the package.

Whether it is something repaired and fixed with glue, or worse still a recycled return?

View attachment 68255View attachment 68256View attachment 68257View attachment 68258
Ok Ok it was just hot glue1554370848562.jpeg

I think the glue seal is so they can tell if you opened it for warranty.
No harm trying to stick that part, what's the worst could happen, it won't fall to the ground, just keep an eye on it.

Reactions: Thomas B
I think the glue seal is so they can tell if you opened it for warranty.
No harm trying to stick that part, what's the worst could happen, it won't fall to the ground, just keep an eye on it.
thanks 4wd ;-)
Well, the 2 Allen bolts are perfect (with thread lock)

the plastic part with two allen screws that supports the tires that cushion, probably takes off.

If you replace (and find) it is certainly a good thing, otherwise stick the broken piece, (if you stick it) I don't think it will last.

Tomorrow I look better, today I go to lunch with friends and prosecco, it doesn't help in precision work.

(but not even when flying) ;-)

greetings and good afternoon everyone.20190404_121010.jpeg20190404_115212.jpeg20190404_121119.jpeg20190404_120013.jpeg

Attachments

• 20190404_121119.jpeg
    20190404_121119.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20190404_120013.jpeg
    20190404_120013.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Ken K
Cool post, felt like watching an episode of The Good Doctor especially with the drone upside down and spread eagle on the operating table. Thanks for sharing HMS.

Reactions: Wyojet

if part exists it will eventually show up here:
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

but, i did not see anything like that and i looked up as well as from a first time i took this gimbal mount apart i was sure it will not survive even tiniest stress. it is just not a good design. all that plastic non-sense was supposed to be made at least of silumine if not titanium.

i you decide to glue it - you need a pro grade plastic welder, something similar to that:
Amazon.com: Bondic - Liquid Plastic Welder - LED UV Light Activated Bonding Tool - Waterproof and Heat Resistant Bond, Build, Fix, Fill Anything In Seconds. Starter Kit Includes Bonus Refill: Gateway

but one that actually works well. they exist, i just do not recall the name, glue compound they use is more toxic than a consumer one like above. ideal/simplest solution would be to 3d print that part, if anybody has the project or can measure and make it...

Last edited:
If you can't get a replacement part and gluing is your only option, I would advise you cut two strips from a traditional razor blade and bridge across either side of the breakage to reinforce the glued joint. Glue the razor blade both sides of the repair.

The razor blade steel is very thin, very light and easy to cut with scissors. That would keep you flying until spares become available in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: peros550
If you can't get a replacement part and gluing is your only option, I would advise you cut two strips from a traditional razor blade and bridge across either side of the breakage to reinforce the glued joint. Glue the razor blade both sides of the repair.

The razor blade steel is very thin, very light and easy to cut with scissors. That would keep you flying until spares become available in the future.
Hope my explanation was clear, I have drawn in red on the attached to illustrate.20190404_181746.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome