DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair with Attack (cyanoacrylate)

Hope my explanation was clear, I have drawn in red on the attached to illustrate.View attachment 68305
very clear explanation, but I was about to write (before reading you), to create in 3D a replaceable U-shaped part

| __T__T__ |

Sx and Dx fixing fins and the two Ts the two Allen screws

Ok .. I wait for Monday, you want to look for a suitable glue (so as not to ruin the weekend) and something very important, to ask someone if it is possible to recreate a U-shaped fixing

left side fixing left rubber pad

right side fastening rubber pads right

central part with fixing holes with the two Allen screws.

SUGGEST THE DRAWING DONE WITH YOUR FINGERS Drawing that I hope will explain the spare part that I will create in 3D if the glue does not hold and there are no new and used spare parts.

Of course Dji, with the cost of the Assemblad camera (but also Zoom) could do that particular support, detached (given the central fixing with two Allen screws).

In a simple and fast way, it would have ensured a change of the possibly broken support.

Mmmhhh ... I expect my problem, given the fragility of the Gimbal's shock-absorbing support, will soon be widespread.

Reading here and there, I have heard many users complain that their Gimbal after light bumps are now crooked and not on the same axis as it should.

I advise everyone who sees their camera, slightly crooked, to check that they don't have the same problem as me.20190404_201435.jpeg

Hope my explanation was clear, I have drawn in red on the attached to illustrate.View attachment 68305
However, if the glue catches, something on the sides, I could stick it (like thin but rigid plastic foil?)

I wrote plastic, because I fear that metal can wear down the grommets.

Of course it makes you smile that apart from expensive assistance centers, like in the RC car, etc. etc. you will not find any small spare part.

I searched all day, without success ...

Thanks for the advice, Friend.

I'm sick to see my Mavic standing still and waiting for a solution.

However, if the glue catches, something on the sides, I could stick it (like thin but rigid plastic foil?)

I wrote plastic, because I fear that metal can wear down the grommets.

Of course it makes you smile that apart from expensive assistance centers, like in the RC car, etc. etc. you will not find any small spare part.

I searched all day, without success ...

Thanks for the advice, Friend.

I'm sick to see my Mavic standing still and waiting for a solution.
I have used razor blade steel before to strengthen a glued joint, obviously not the sharp edge !

Good Luck.

Maybe check the meaning of attack in the dictionary :mad:
Time is valuable so i just read posts that are of interest to me and not something that equates to a tabloid headline.
i was expecting an attack on the drone by a bird not some misuse of a chemical

Maybe check the meaning of attack in the dictionary :mad:
Time is valuable so i just read posts that are of interest to me and not something that equates to a tabloid headline.
i was expecting an attack on the drone by a bird not some misuse of a chemical
You didn't have to read the thread. If your time is that valuable you might consider not being on the internet because the internet is a great way to waste lots of time.
I think the name of the adhesive he was asking about had "attack" in it.

I totally agree, not enough surface area.
That's why I suggested using razor blade steel glued across the break, I have seen it done on a Mavic Pro, where one of the gimble legs that the rubber damper attaches to had snapped.

Youtube has several tear down videos that may help you in the future to get to the issue or part to remove and replace. My experience is “you play you pay” don’t glue things that need to be replaced. Good luck!

Go watch some youtube videos on patching surfboard dings with two part epoxy and some 4oz fiberglass cloth.

Basically you sand the piece down a bit. Mix a bit of epoxy. Cut a couple pieces of cloth to size. Paint on some of the epoxy. Lay on the cloth. Two layers - cross bias. Smooth it out and saturate the cloth. Web source for quality materials : foamEz or green light surf.

I had a phantom 3 standard that I crashed from about 30 feet. It cracked the body(as well as a bunch of other damage) I was too cheap to buy the body. Patched it from the inside and flew the heck out of it for another year. When I sold it I had to point out the cracks to the new owner. He couldn't see them.

Edit: the fiberglass runs along the sides bridging both pieces. Like a splint. Where the pieces butt together apply a thin coating. For holding it all in place while working search for "helping hand soldering stand" or just duct tape one side with a tooth pick to give it some ridigity. glass the first side. Wait a day to cure. Remove the tape. Repeat.

Last edited:
Yes - J-B Weld Plastic Bonder does work, I used it for almost the same exact repair. Hardest part is setting up a jig to hold your repair tight and in the proper position while the epoxy sets (5-15 minutes). Light scuff with sandpaper and clean with alcohol and if properly set it will be as strong or stronger than before.

I took this picture from the internet, unfortunately it seems to be a part of the frame, which fastens above and below, the 4 rubber pads that cushion.

I see while I search the internet, to try, first with glue.

I hope among those (glues) that you have recommended me, to find the ideal one.

Thank youView attachment 68282
What I find funny about that picture is that someone removed the sensor element with the camera still inside the housing. Take the camera right out first or you will have trouble keeping the alignment shims in their respective places!

Hi. a while ago, I had a bad fall from which I believed, to have come out unscathed.

unfortunately today, checking my Mavic a little, I realized that a camera anchor is broken, as in the photo.

If it is not replaceable, I thought of attaching it with cyanoacrylate (attack).

Do I have to unscrew the two screws of that exact cover?

Do you think the Mavic plastic is compatible with cyanoacrylate?

thank youView attachment 68180View attachment 68181
Regular CA glue is extremely runny, it will only fix broken parts that matches perfectly. I come from the world of modelism where EVERYTHING is fixable. So I would say yes, definitely doable if you use your judgement to evaluate the result. Also, might be a good idea to go to the modelism store near you to get viscous CA and some CA fix that will instantly harden the glue. Worst case you buy the new part.

Regular CA glue is extremely runny, it will only fix broken parts that matches perfectly. I come from the world of modelism where EVERYTHING is fixable. So I would say yes, definitely doable if you use your judgement to evaluate the result. Also, might be a good idea to go to the modelism store near you to get viscous CA and some CA fix that will instantly harden the glue. Worst case you buy the new part.
Ultimately I opted for things I had for home.

A cyanoacrylate (Colla 21) and I glued with my hand still.

now I have reassembled everything without threadlocking (hopefully not losing bolts) and tomorrow hoping it doesn't rain, I put to the test with flight solicitations.

When I get home I put it back on and give it a look and if everything is OK, I put it back in the fillets, a medium threadlocker.

I forgot ...

I added two eyes hoping for the next one, see the trees better :)

Thank you all (hopefully good)20190411_101407.jpeg20190411_131124.jpeg20190411_142102.jpeg20190411_143900.jpeg20190411_144741.jpeg

You didn't have to read the thread. If your time is that valuable you might consider not being on the internet because the internet is a great way to waste lots of time.
I think the name of the adhesive he was asking about had "attack" in it.
Incorrect.
the title read "Attack"
I had to read the thread to be made aware that the OP was referring to the use of the chemical.
this is why people get pissed off when headlines in news reports dont reflect the story.
you're correct in one thing that the net can be a waste of time. but it is also very good at enlightening people
thank you for your advice but i will make up my own mind as to where i spend my time

Very nice repair, dude...I hope she flys like new!
Thanks friend.

Tested today and solicited to the maximum, no problem for now.

Only time will tell if I have done a good job, but at the moment, really satisfied.

You all have my respect, sometimes having someone who listens to you and supports you, helps you overcome fears and despair.

A small repair, yes true, but to an object dear to me, which day after day enters more and more into my Heart.

Thanks My friends, to you my respect.

it's really true, who finds a Friend finds a treasure.

Incorrect.
the title read "Attack"
I had to read the thread to be made aware that the OP was referring to the use of the chemical.
this is why people get pissed off when headlines in news reports dont reflect the story.
you're correct in one thing that the net can be a waste of time. but it is also very good at enlightening people
thank you for your advice but i will make up my own mind as to where i spend my time
Sorry, it was not my intention not to be clear, an error not to do it twice, the experience is the result of errors, your advice and criticism is welcome and in the future, if I post a title, I will try to make it simple and understandable and that reflects the topic of the discussion as much as possible.

You learn by making mistakes

1K Thanks

Sorry, it was not my intention not to be clear, an error not to do it twice, the experience is the result of errors, your advice and criticism is welcome and in the future, if I post a title, I will try to make it simple and understandable and that reflects the topic of the discussion as much as possible.

You learn by making mistakes

1K Thanks
Title changed, Drone adjusted, and everyone lived happily ever after ;-)

Jokes aside

I'm really happy, today I was flying in Sport mode, fast and high, like my thoughts, knowing that my Drone is now okay, gave me more confidence.

The feeling was not that of flying with something sheltered, perhaps because everything is hidden by the rubber cushion that cushions, and probably the proverb that cites: "eye does not see, heart does not hurt"

Yeah, it was a nice feeling, like that everything was new, after which .. only he .. (and in a while me) hovering high in the sky.

Thank you all

Title changed, Drone adjusted, and everyone lived happily ever after ;-)

Jokes aside

I'm really happy, today I was flying in Sport mode, fast and high, like my thoughts, knowing that my Drone is now okay, gave me more confidence.

The feeling was not that of flying with something sheltered, perhaps because everything is hidden by the rubber cushion that cushions, and probably the proverb that cites: "eye does not see, heart does not hurt"

Yeah, it was a nice feeling, like that everything was new, after which .. only he .. (and in a while me) hovering high in the sky.

Thank you all
I guess "Attack" is the name of the glue? I don't know what the title was before...

Glad that your drone is fine. Hopefully, it holds.

Depending on the fracture itself (clean break or is there distorted material), the material being glued, and the quality of the glue, it might last a long time, or maybe not too long at all. Especially if it gets bumped.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky