DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replace P3S with Mavic Air or Mavic Pro Platinum

haugi

Reactions
Hey!

I'm flying with a Phantom 3 Standard for more than 2 years now and I'm not sure if I should switch to Mavic Air or Mavic Pro Platinum. What would you say?

not sure if I should switch to Mavic Air or Mavic Pro Platinum. What would you say?
What exactly do you plan on doing with it? Which drone features are most important to you?

What exactly do you plan on doing with it? Which drone features are most important to you?

• Maybe 80% taking pics, 20% capture videos.
  • Range is not that important for me so I think WiFi will be good enough
  • Portability is important because I'm traveling a lot on the motorcycle
  • Also low noise is important
I also should add that I don't want to REPLACE the P3S - I just also want to have a more portable drone

Mavic Air all the way until you got to the low noise requirement. I've not heard a MPP or a Mavic Air but all the evidence suggests the MPP will be significantly less obtrusive and loud.

IMHO, if noise > importance than portability then get the MPP. If portability > importance than noise then get the MA.

Reactions: Neebles
The quietest of the two is the Mavic Pro Platinum. However, the larger size is a trade-off.

80295C07-C949-44F5-B7E7-786420D3E712.jpeg

Can anybody tell if the noise level of the Mavic Air is more like the P3S or more like the Pro Platinum?

Can anybody tell if the noise level of the Mavic Air is more like the P3S or more like the Pro Platinum?
The Mavic Air is louder than the Mavic Pro. I'm not sure how they compare to the P3S (never saw anyone test them together).

The best bang for the buck right now is the original Mavic Pro. I've seen refurb pro's for as low as $699 (US). Used MP's also seem to hold value fairly well so you can get most of that $699 back if you decide to sell later on. The original MP is significantly less obnoxious than the P3S and I find it to be extremely quiet once it's in the air a bit. Occusync is is a huge benefit as well.

Reactions: Gmoney and Neebles
I started with the Phantom Standard as well used it for about 6-8 months. I made the plung and bought the Mavic Pro and couldn't be more happy. To me the Mavic is a little louder than the standard. And I hated the wifi for live view and range, with the Mavic you can direct plug in to remote and the image is night and day as well as range!!

The tests I have seen show the Air to be on par with the Spark for noise. I have a Spark and a P3A, and the P3A is definitely louder.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
236-507-4032