DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacing the gimbal cable (not the gimbal camera unit ribbon)

Calgibb

Reactions
Hi all!
I’m currently fixing up a Mavic 2 Pro and both the Gimbal Camera Unit ribbon and the Gimbal cable were torn. I’ve managed to replace the main Gimbal Camera Unit ribbon successfully but I am struggling to get to the Gimbal cable.

I found it was the Gimbal cable when I took the unit apart as the unit ribbon replacement only gave me back the camera feed and no gimbal movement/response.

I’ve searched YouTube and google and can’t seem to find anywhere that shows how to replace it and where to get the replacement.

Cal

Reactions: Former Member
Hi all!
I’m currently fixing up a Mavic 2 Pro and both the Gimbal Camera Unit ribbon and the Gimbal cable were torn. I’ve managed to replace the main Gimbal Camera Unit ribbon successfully but I am struggling to get to the Gimbal cable.

I found it was the Gimbal cable when I took the unit apart as the unit ribbon replacement only gave me back the camera feed and no gimbal movement/response.

I’ve searched YouTube and google and can’t seem to find anywhere that shows how to replace it and where to get the replacement.

Cal

Taking off the gimbal bridge cable is the easy part. Stripping down the gimbal is the hard part. I have done many.

You have to thread the broken cable down through the hole in the gimbal motor assembly, remove all 3 glued motor covers with a heat gun, remove the camera barrel from the gimbal motor assembly, and replace the LVDS/ribbon cable.

Reactions: Calgibb
Repair service anywhere can be expensive. Information is free and thunderdrones provides that on a daily basis. Without his dedication, the mavic world would be a much different place.

Thank you, I initially thought you were referring his service but I can see now that he is very helpful and well rehearsed in the art of drone repair!

Taking off the gimbal bridge cable is the easy part. Stripping down the gimbal is the hard part. I have done many.

You have to thread the broken cable down through the hole in the gimbal motor assembly, remove all 3 glued motor covers with a heat gun, remove the camera barrel from the gimbal motor assembly, and replace the LVDS/ribbon cable.

I will take a look at that today!

I have attached a photo just to be clear that I’ve described the correct cable, I am talking about the one pointed to by the red arrow.

Attachments

• 11EEB408-1582-4711-8F2E-A98A5307EDF7.jpeg
    11EEB408-1582-4711-8F2E-A98A5307EDF7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
How are things going with the repair? I am going to be putting a M2P camera on my M2Z here in the next couple days and would love some input

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo