DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

return home mode.

thijskoelman

Reactions
Hi guys,
Im new in the drone world.
I have a question: When i'm at home the drone is returning on the exact same spot, but when i go to a open space the drone is landing a couple of meters away. Is this because of the wind or because i changed the settings of my drone?

Allow the drone to go straight up and wait for home point set message before flying off.

Two buttons at front lower can be set for options in drop-down menu. Look at settings for C1 and C2

Reactions: thijskoelman
I have a question: When i'm at home the drone is returning on the exact same spot, but when i go to a open space the drone is landing a couple of meters away. Is this because of the wind or because i changed the settings of my drone?
GPS accuracy is only within 2 -3 metres and variable.
RTH using GPS will put the drone close but not always right on the launch point.
The Mavic 2 pro also has a Precision Landing feature that uses optical technology to land within centimetres of the launch point.
Read about that in the manual to see how you can use that feature.

And you don't really need to let the automated system do the landing for you anyway.
You can cancel the RTH at any time and fly back and land wherever you want to.

Although still somewhat new myself, I’ve been using RTH all the way to landing lately. I’m still tickled when my MP2 lands in the center of the pad. Sometimes I’ll take the drone out a fair distance to look at something. Then hit RTH spend the return trip swinging the camera up, down and all around. I use the same technique with guests wearing the googles. They seem to enjoy it.

Footnote to newbies on cancelling RTH. Yes you can cancel self initiated RTH any time.... Continue flying or land.... And or select RTH again at any time. HOWEVER, if you are in drone initiated low battery RTH you should NEVER cancel. If you wish to take control 5-10 feet before landing that's fine. But if you interrupt low battery RTH prior to that you are in the "I am going to crash today" group of pilots. Just a friendly warning.

If you wish to take control 5-10 feet before landing that's fine. But if you interrupt low battery RTH prior to that you are in the "I am going to crash today" group of pilots. Just a friendly warning.
Why would you say that?

Reactions: WAXMAN
Why would you say that?
Drone initiated low battery RTH? Ummmm....that's self explanatory . Drone returning with just enough battery to get home? That big red notice on your screen? What about that process doesn't make sense to you? You have maybe 30 seconds of flying you can do if you wish to interrupt. Then you will crash land when battery reaches critically low at 10% because you interrupted. Go ahead and do it. Hope your not over water when it lands itself.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Drone initiated low battery RTH? Ummmm....that's self explanatory . Drone returning with just enough battery to get home? That big red notice on your screen? What about that process doesn't make sense to you? You have maybe 30 seconds of flying you can do if you wish to interrupt. Then you will crash land when battery reaches critically low at 10% because you interrupted. Go ahead and do it. Hope your not over water when it lands itself.
If there's enough battery for the drone to return on its own, I can't see how resuming manual control would be disastrous.
You haven't explained what the problem is, just said it would be a problem.

Reactions: WAXMAN
If there's enough battery for the drone to return on its own, I can't see how resuming manual control would be disastrous.
You haven't explained what the problem is, just said it would be a problem.
I'm not going to debate this with you. It's obvious you are severly uninformed on drone initiated low battery RTH. Start a thread titled "I want to cancel low battery RTH" and watch the replies. Have a great day.

btw .. I have done this many, many times and most of my flying is out at sea.
It's actually safer to manually bring the drone home at 15 metres/second rather than leave it to come home at RTH's slow 10 m/s.
You are missing my warning. Please see "drone initiated low battery RTH" in my comments. That's clear.

Reactions: Van Shteffy
I'm not going to debate this with you. It's obvious you are severly uninformed on drone initiated low battery RTH. Start a thread titled "I want to cancel low battery RTH" and watch the replies.
I'd be very interested to hear your reasoning as to why the drone could come home on its own but not if you take over.
There's no logic to that statement.
And fyi .. I am rather well informed on this and most aspects of drone flying.

Last edited:
I'd be very interested to hear your reasoning as to why the drone could come home on it's own but not if you take over.
There's no logic to that statement.
And fyi .. I am rather well informed on this and most aspects of drone flying.
Good luck. Have a great day.

What about that process doesn't make sense to you?
You have maybe 30 seconds of flying you can do if you wish to interrupt.
Then you will crash land when battery reaches critically low at 10% because you interrupted.
From the manual: Low Battery RTH is triggered when the Intelligent Flight Battery is depleted to the point that the safe return of the aircraft may be affected.
When you get that message depends on distance away and battery level.
It can happen five minutes or more before reaching critically low battery level.
Having tested it hundreds of times, and always safely landing safely before reaching Critically Low Battery Level I can't see any reason what you are suggesting would be accurate.

Last edited:
From the manual: Low Battery RTH is triggered when the Intelligent Flight Battery is depleted to the point that the safe return of the aircraft may be affected.
When you get that message depends on distance away and battery level.
It can happen five minutes or more before reaching critically low battery level.
Having tested it hundreds of times, and always safely landing safely before reaching Critically Low Battery Level I can't see any reason what you are suggesting would be accurate.
Good luck. Have a great day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada