DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

return to home

mikebambi

Reactions
not sure why my mavic pro did not return home when pushing button on my first flight
got me worried any ideas why or what i didnt do ?

How far was the Mavic from the home point? What did it do instead?

For the RTH button on the remote, you need to push and hold a couple seconds for it to work.

Reactions: mikebambi
Did you give it time to aquire gps lock, sometimes it can take a few minutes, when the light on the rear of the AC is flashing green, and you see GPS mode on your controller, you should be good to go.
Also, make sure you hear " The home point has been set, please check it on the map"

I would also recommend using precision take off as this will give you the best RTH accuracy. It will also NOT take off until it has a stable GPS position.

As said above you do need to hold the RTH button on the remote for a few seconds.

I always test the RTH function after every firmware update.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did you give it time to aquire gps lock, sometimes it can take a few minutes, when the light on the rear of the AC is flashing green, and you see GPS mode on your controller, you should be good to go.
Also, make sure you hear " The home point has been set, please check it on the map"
thank you so much you probably right didnt give it time ,new at this thanks for your help

We need to know this.
not far since I am just beginning and since i lost the first drone (not as inteligent ) on the first flight it was cheap but still i am scared if it does not return home ,thats a thousand dollars

not far since I am just beginning and since i lost the first drone (not as inteligent ) on the first flight it was cheap but still i am scared if it does not return home ,thats a thousand dollars
Calm down, deep breath...

Welcome to the forum.

So part 2 of the question, what did it do instead when you pressed the button?

msingers questions may seem trivial but those 2 simple questions can diagnose most RTH issues for new users. You will also learn pretty quick, that he's probably one of the most knowledgeable people where Mavic is concerned.

Calm down, deep breath...

Welcome to the forum.

So part 2 of the question, what did it do instead when you pressed the button?

msingers questions may seem trivial but those 2 simple questions can diagnose most RTH issues for new users. You will also learn pretty quick, that he's probably one of the most knowledgeable people where Mavic is concerned.

it did not respond had to bring it back and landed manualy maybe because I did not set up the home point before flight ,glad you guys are here to help

Reactions: radman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coddiewomple