DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID FIRMWARE UPGRADE/UPDATE IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS..

When did the 107 test become FREE? I have a Part 61 certificate but still had to pay the $150 to take the test (if I remember correctly).
Ah I stand corrected (I hate when that happens LOL). Yes the initial Part 107 (even for Part 61) was indeed ~$150 and in-person. But, the biannual Part 61 has been Free & Online and now the non-Part 61 is also Free & Online now. I misspoke in my initial response.

Reactions: Drbobk
Well, this is the option in the Smart Controller, which look like RID to me. But maybe something different though. 🤔
Unfortunately it doesn't matter what that is, the only RID that counts would be one that complies with the FAA requirements and receives a DOC from the government. Not really going to matter if it's already there or not, it has to be approved. We already know the drone is capable since DJI has said they plan to work it out and at this point, the pilot really doesn't have to worry too much about how that is done. However, for sure nothing in that menu (or already in the drone) will satisfy the requirement without a DOC.

Reactions: BigAl07
Ah I stand corrected (I hate when that happens LOL). Yes the initial Part 107 (even for Part 61) was indeed ~$150 and in-person. But, the biannual Part 61 has been Free & Online and now the non-Part 61 is also Free & Online now. I misspoke in my initial response.
No more $150 test for part 107 either flavor?

No more $150 test for part 107 either flavor?
That's correct for the "Follow Up" but the initial Part 107 still requires the $150~ in-person testing as far as I know.

Have enjoyed the hours under my belt, but would *have* to go through a good deal of refresher training, regardless of the type of Aircraft to be flown. One MUST establish CURRENCY!

I was considering getting current via sport to avoid paying $175 for the 107… but having not been PIC in over a decade, I doubt I could get the BFR done for less than $300…

When did the 107 test become FREE? I have a Part 61 certificate but still had to pay the $150 to take the test (if I remember correctly).
If you are CURRENT with your part 61, there is a free online test you can take at the FAA’s site, and the 107 is then added to your certificate. But you must have had your BFR within the statutory time so you are currently able to act as PIC under part 61.

Reactions: Aerophile
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer