DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID FIRMWARE UPGRADE/UPDATE IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS..

I have looked at the current MRID modules.

I ponder *where* one can pull the power from on the Mavic Air 2 drones.

The MRID Modules are indeed light weight. The Mavic Air 2 drones can already add a remote drop system. So we know it can handle the weight. Now - Where can we tap into the battery supply? That question, with a real answer, would allow owners to power MRID Modules. The ones I have looked at in searches require either 3.3VDC or 5VDC.

Most of the circuitry on the Mavic Air 2 drones only uses 5VDC. The portion that uses the full battery voltage are the brushless motors for flight.

I am going to poke around a bit and see what I can find.

IF I find anything useful, I'll post it!

I maybe mistaken, but using the Smart Controller with my Mavic Pro 2 Zoom, there is already a setting for broadcasting RID there (which I can decide to turn ON/OFF for now). So, I suppose the drone is already RID capable. They may just need to integrate that functionality to the DJI app people using their phone only use instead. 🤔

I maybe mistaken, but using the Smart Controller with my Mavic Pro 2 Zoom, there is already a setting for broadcasting RID there (which I can decide to turn ON/OFF for now). So, I suppose the drone is already RID capable. They may just need to integrate that functionality to the DJI app people using their phone only use instead. 🤔
You must be mistaken... the M2Z does not transmit RID. Or the M2P.

Check your controller again. If it's there, take pic and share it here!

I bought my Mavic Air 2 from my neighbor while he was down here from Canada.

To *legally* fly the Mavic Air 2 in Canada, he needs to complete Part 107 of the Aviation Rules and Regulations!

While I *have* done this back in 1992, I do *not* need this to fly here in the USA.

As a holder of an Airmans Certificate, no longer eligible to fly due to not being able to pass a Class III Medical, I simply registered with the FAA and received my UAS Certificate. I also have flown R/C aircraft since 1989, and currently have two electric powered aircraft to go fly with.
I must be missing something here. As I recall (as a holder of an airman certificate), if you're not current (say, because of a medical or lack of recent flying) you STILL have to take the 107 test.

Reactions: Torque
@BigBsquared , exactly which UAS Certificate are you referring to? In order to legally fly under Part 107 you also have to take( and pass) the Online (FREE) Part 107 Modules etc. If you're not current with your BFR you take the one for non-Part 61 Pilots but if you're current with BFR you take that one for Part 61 Pilots.

If you need specific links just let me know and I'll be happy to provide them for you.
When did the 107 test become FREE? I have a Part 61 certificate but still had to pay the $150 to take the test (if I remember correctly).

Reactions: Torque
If anybody has an aeroscope does it still transmit when firmware is upgraded to FAA remote ID?

Is this the reason?

Interesting comment:

LOL....that was one of the best vids yet
BUT take note to some facts of all this stuff they are doing and why

Lets get down to business. A once Hobbyists friend and Rep was the AMA once a true advocate for the Hobby, However over the last 15-20+ years they slowly was losing members and dollars. SO in their magazine editorials they hinted and implied a forced membership and a AMA club flying only mandate. When questioned they denied that and swore that was not their plan.

Fast forward and we saw 336 in jeopardy of being removed. A once advocate who fought for 336 suddenly refused to do so. They skipped meetings and never attended hearings and their seat was empty. Their excuse on their own site was they did not need to attend. While various entities like DHS, Drone Alliance and the DoD were against the 336 , and spoke openly to remove it, the voice of the hobby to retain it never showed up

SO Fast forward the sudden attack on the safest Aviation organization community is now demonized and called criminal .

The AMA demands forced membership and FRIA flying only and have said so now for many years as I mentioned above .

Now they have a Amendment they want installed in the FAA ReAuth Act that simple states they want Automatic CBO mandated FRIA creation and that means as the CBO's claim the FAA says everyone has to follow the CBO guides and IF that guide states IF you fly recreational you must do so in a FRIA guess what become the LAW ?...

Now to enforce that fact, go back to Rich Hanson's Op Ed in the Hill a few years back in 2018 where he basically stated, "Punish rogue pilots not rule followers" .The title sounded great , but then read his ideology about it .

He went on to say , " That anyone who flies must be of two classes. One must fly if Recreational under a CBO such as the AMA or they must fly under Part 107 ( commercial ) . He estimated that "nearly 200,000 all AMA members and 700,000 who were NOT AMA members"., He also stated UNLESS a person was flying under a CBO ( in this case the AMA ) and their standards they had to be flying Part 107 commercial and IF they did NOT have a part 107 License they were flying Illegal outside of that CBO demand. Then he stated that anyone who was NOT a AMA/CBO member was a criminal and a rogue and needed punished,

His precise words were "Rogue flyers are Part 107 violators. We must, first and foremost, make clear the need to follow Part 107 if not operating within a community-based organization ( like the AMA ). And when someone violates Part 107, he or she needs to be held accountable ."

SO now Flash Forward 2023 what do we have we have CBO's who claim we must follow their guides and suggestions OR we are flying illegally. Just like Hanson stated in 2018 . WE also have CBO's who say they are working for the Recreational community and one group lists their accomplishments on their web site that has benefited ONLY the commercial interests/Companies while even in their own words " recreational is EXCLUDED" from them all.

Now these CBO's like the AMA wants a CBO FRIA Demand which might sound nice at first glance, BUT if made law under the FAA Reauth Act allows those like the AMA, FPVFC, FTCA and others the permission to FORCE paid membership and FORCED FRIA flying only the very thing the AMA has demanded now for over 15 years and as you read in the Op ed, that is basically what Hanson stated.

These groups are now saying FRIA FIRST. So the FRIA claims is to make that a LAW by Congress that as Hanson stated in his Op Ed since only 200, 000 were CBO members the rest were not. Today we have over 2+ million operators in the US and the AMA numbers have not risen they have declined and why they want Forced membership, the FTCA has many members as does the FPVFC, BUT still the majority of Hobbyists do not belong to any CBO, and NEVER Fly in FRIA's ( Club fields ) and I might add NEVER Will. So what do they do ? They are criminals and rogues according to Hanson and they MUST BE Punished... remember that. THAT is the plan to make example of some of them to scare the rest into a FORCED CBO membership FRIA Flying Only

The community asked for a 1 kg weight increase something we gave in our NPRM comments they ( the CBO groups now ) refused to listen then and IF a FRIA flying only there is NO weight limits and in special CBO sanctioned events there is NO 400 ft AGL Altitude limits either.

So as you see as this mess progresses they are pushing hobbyists out of the skies EXCEPT in certain places they call a FRIA.

The RID is a surveillance tool much like the registration was. Registration allowed the FAA and Congress to know how many people were flying "drones" ( that means every RC TOY we fly ) and was willing to follow their suggested rules. ( take note that registration was ruled illegal by the courts, but commercial lobbyists along WITH the AMA had it slipped into a defense bill that made it the law again ) SO the next step is this Remote ID.

It is a surveillance tool to SEE and know who are those Part 107 folks who will use that Module as they to want to make the dollar and any recreational operators who do NOT fly in FRIA's

NOW guess what happens when they note WHO and WHERE You are ? Right they will MOVE and or REMOVE you from the skies.

The Commercial Drone Alliance demanded Congress to remove all Hobbyists from the skies so they can operate without interference or possible interactions with other drones. fast forward in the 2023 FAA ReAuth Act hearings those commercial Companies stated they MUST have the 400 ft AGL to the ground to operate and the UTM had to be created and mandated everyone else out of it .And currently over $23 BILLION was spent they estimate by 2030 that will be $58.7 BILLION .

Money talks and Congress only see's $$ signs and they will do what these Billion dollar companies demand and they are using the FAA and their regs/rules to make it happen even skirting the Rule/Reg process .

SO none of these CBO's are our Friends in fact they have sold us out and they have now openly admitted it and all those puzzle pieces and their sworn to secrecy claims now have been clearly Heard and seen. Their FRIA First statement and their demands to CBO automatic authority said it all . The Plan and scheme is now open for all to see and THAT is what WE need to let everyone know

Our response just do not comply is not enough anymore, NOW it must be WE BOYCOTT all these businesses, these CBO's, and any and all entities be it Hobby shops, commercial users and these YT Guru's who demand our dollars while giving over to these regulations and worse pushing them to the community.

TIME these entities take a hit on their bottom lines and they stop making money at our expense. THAT will make them and Congress the Media and everyone else take notice. Just like the Boycotts on Bud and Target stores among others.

If Walmarts, Google, UPS or Amazon and any other business tied to commercial drone use get boycotted and their business takes a Money hit they will drop their dreams of delivery services and removing us for it and air taxis and or whatever nonsense they have claimed.

Same goes for Hobby shops who promote this stuff and individuals who make a dollar off of it and now CBO's who have openly sold us out, they especially must take the Biggest hit of all because they were suppose to represent us, instead have sided with the regulators to end us and worse force us to pay them to do so .

IF this happens without an end OUR RC Aviation HOBBY ceases to exist and the community will decline until it becomes meaningless and we lost yet another RIGHT and Freedom.

When will this Community Wake Up to these REAL facts ?

Sigh, the drone community needs to take a page from the gun community; most of this has already been covered. Granted we don't have an "amendment" to fall back on which gives us a "right" to fly drones but some of the tactics could be similar. Otherwise, the cause is hopeless....I'm just saying. 🤪

I have the FAA DRONE ZONE Recreational Flyer Registration.

This Registration is to be placed on ALL remote control flying devices.

It also includes R/C Aircraft, NOT just Drones!

I requested this in 2019. It is good until November of 2023. Whereupon I *will* renew this!

This registration does NOT require *ANY* Part 106 *nor* Part 106!

Please log into the FAA Drone Zone and *see* for yourself!

I will also point to MY requirements, <Drone Laws in Florida (2023) - UAV Coach>

All of the UAS Registrations from the FAA Begin with "FA". This is followed by a mix of letters and numbers that are 8 characters.

I meant no disrespect as I most likely misunderstood the post of yours I quoted. I thought you meant were saying that you had your Part 107 simply because your had previously held an Airmen's Certificate for Manned (Part 61 or higher). I was merely trying to make sure no incorrect information was being put out there to the masses. No disrespect was intended towards you in any way.

I can assure you I don't need to "Log into the FAA Drone Zone" as I have more than a few hours (aka years) of UAS experience including teaching locally, on the State (NC) level, and nationally.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice for our great country. We owe you so much more than we could ever repay.

Safe Flights :)

This remote id ankle bracelet is only going to result in more Karen situations. It seems to be that the FAA isn't going to honor any violence that you may receive from flying a drone being associated as an escapee from the nearest correctional facility. Nor will they do anything if your drone gets shot out of the sky.

This remote id ankle bracelet is only going to result in more Karen situations. It seems to be that the FAA isn't going to honor any violence that you may receive from flying a drone being associated as an escapee from the nearest correctional facility. Nor will they do anything if your drone gets shot out of the sky.
Correct. The FAA will never "prosecute" anyone for violence against a drone flyer or the drone itself. Those will never become an effective "deterrent."

BTW, you posted an article from someone who used to be associated with Westboro? 👎

Correct. The FAA will never "prosecute" anyone for violence against a drone flyer or the drone itself. Those will never become an effective "deterrent."

BTW, you posted an article from someone who used to be associated with Westboro? 👎
I guess it was their inspiration for writing the article in how it relates to the Karen situation. I guess if the shoe fits.

I guess it was their inspiration for writing the article in how it relates to the Karen situation. I guess if the shoe fits.
It's an attempt at revisionist history; no one is ever going to believe that tale. Just sad to see articles like that continue to gain traction and still making the rounds.

Definitely not a fan of WBC, but geez, is there no redemption? The guy completely opposes the place now, and seems to have seen the light.

In any case, I learned a few things gs about the incident that were suppressed, and makes the woman from the whole incident seem less insane, and the black victim not quite so innocent.

It's an attempt at revisionist history; no one is ever going to believe that tale. Just sad to see articles like that continue to gain traction and still making the rounds.
It's not revisionist history if it's true.

I independently verified some of it on Google. Saw video of the victim himself backpedaling, acknowledging he had approached her first, and did make some veiled "threats" about her dog.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman