DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID FIRMWARE UPGRADE/UPDATE IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS..

CJE

Reactions
Last edited by a moderator:
We saw it. It came out of nowhere. All these updates are planned but delayed for months and months to come? Perhaps they have to pull out the old code, reach out to the old programmers, etc. Why not have done that a year ago, not like we didn't know this was coming.

Reactions: kidroc
One has to consider how many countries that DJI deals with.

We tend to think in terms of USA being the only ones!

Every country has there *own* Agency that controls Aircraft restrictions!
Yeah, what a nightmare.

I bought my Mavic Air 2 from my neighbor while he was down here from Canada.

To *legally* fly the Mavic Air 2 in Canada, he needs to complete Part 107 of the Aviation Rules and Regulations!

While I *have* done this back in 1992, I do *not* need this to fly here in the USA.

As a holder of an Airmans Certificate, no longer eligible to fly due to not being able to pass a Class III Medical, I simply registered with the FAA and received my UAS Certificate. I also have flown R/C aircraft since 1989, and currently have two electric powered aircraft to go fly with.

Other valid reason could including thinking the RID requirement will be pushed to Jan 1st or DJI changing their minds and deciding to hire resources to deal with the older drones or even DJI not seeing enough module progress and deciding it's worth it to RID these drones ALONG WITH other changes that they've wanted to make but really couldn't justify at the time. Imagine if they made RCPro compatible, made changes to teh camera, fixed a few more bugs, added a few more features like cruise control and spotlight (or similar). I mean, why else does it take 6 months?

@BigBsquared, also make sure you've taken the TRUST test, passed, and gotten your certificate.

Weird, but I found this encouraging. I must have been in the dark because I had not heard that DJI was even going to update the Mavic 2's FW for RID compatibility, despite having done so for the older mavic Platinum. So I am encouraged and will hold off purchasing a RID module.

Wish they would support the older drones; like my Mavic Pro and P4P. Still a lot of them out there. I do not want an external module for RID. Here is one that is FCC approved, but not FAA yet. Not just a 'stick on', and after looking at the install instructions, dont think I want to fool with it.

Wish they would support the older drones; like my Mavic Pro and P4P. Still a lot of them out there. I do not want an external module for RID. Here is one that is FCC approved, but not FAA yet. Not just a 'stick on', and after looking at the install instructions, dont think I want to fool with it.

I think it requires an ArduPilot module to make it work.

Unless you add landing extensions or lighting, but I agree that they probably won’t add RID. JMO 🤷🏻‍♂️

I feel pretty sure DJI's view on add-on weight or p.107 use with the mini 2 is, "that's your problem, get a module".

Mainly because those situations are the fringe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook