DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Right place at the right time.

Nice shot Mike! What river inlet is this and what city is that (far off in the distance)? There are a lot of POI in this shot. Well done . . .

Reactions: Michael Gilbert
Nice shot Mike! What river inlet is this and what city is that (far off in the distance)? There are a lot of POI in this shot. Well done . . .
This is the Delaware river. Location: Burlington, NJ. Yeah lots of old artifacts here. Burlington Bristol Bridge: I think we have a unique drawbridge system.
Notice the two huge blocks of cement used to lift the center highway segment.
In the distance (approx. 16 miles) on the horizon you see Philadelphia's skyline.

Yeah I noticed the old counter-weight raising system. The oldest lifting mechanism known to man. In these days of hydraulic lifts (and cabling systems) . . . it's refreshing to see this type of mechanism still in use.

Nice!

Guess he's thinking of the whole side.

Looks more like just paint going off after rubbing port rubber boots so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
Mr. Gilbert

Thanks for pointing out use of cement to lift segment. Further explanation helps explain how it functions.

Man, those are some really cool perspectives. Wish I lived around an active waterway like that for those opportunities.

Your picture got me smacked by my wife though. When I opened up your first picture I looked at her and said, “oh look hunny, it’s your boat.” She asked what I meant, so I zoomed in on the “Winch Only”. ?

Man, those are some really cool perspectives. Wish I lived around an active waterway like that for those opportunities.

Your picture got me smacked by my wife though. When I opened up your first picture I looked at her and said, “oh look hunny, it’s your boat.” She asked what I meant, so I zoomed in on the “Winch Only”. ?
OMG, please tell me you didn't really say that.
Too funny!

Nice this is right by me....i saw that same barge coming down river further up that day?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev