DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

rooting the sc pro is it possible? or even just uninstalling dji fly

Are you meaning to ask if you can install google play store or add third party apps?

hi
what i am trying to do is installing dji fly moded version.
the problem is - i can not install it without uninstalling the dji fly that came with the sc.
so.
if i can root the sc then i can uninstall it and install the moded version.
or if you know other way to uninstall it.
thanks.

It's still not clear what you are trying.
The app that came with the SC is the DJI GO4. This works on the Mavic2 Pro/Zoom If you're trying to delete that and then install the DJI FLY app, you should know the DJI FLY app will not work with the M2P. But why would you even want to do that. If you are trying to install the DJI FLY app for the Mavic3, multiple guys on this forum say that won't work. That's the big complaint - those of us that have the M2P SC can't use it with the M3!

It's still not clear what you are trying.
The app that came with the SC is the DJI GO4. This works on the Mavic2 Pro/Zoom If you're trying to delete that and then install the DJI FLY app, you should know the DJI FLY app will not work with the M2P. But why would you even want to do that. If you are trying to install the DJI FLY app for the Mavic3, multiple guys on this forum say that won't work. That's the big complaint - those of us that have the M2P SC can't use it with the M3!
i talking about the sc that come with the m3 cine.
i want to install dji fly moded on this sc.
but it cant be installed without uninstalling the dji fly that comes with the sc built in the rom.
so root the device will probably help uninstalling it.
or atleast install another app the freezes and hide the dji fly that come with the sc.

Simply don't understand. The DJI FLY is what comes installed with the M3 SC. And, no, the DJI GO4 will not work on the M3 SC. That's one of the various users biggest complaints.

So even if you could install the DJI GO4 on the M3 SC (don't even know if you can), it won't work on the M3.

So even if you could install the DJI GO4 on the M3 SC (don't even know if you can), it won't work on the M3.
let me explain again.
1. i have the new sc that come with the mavic 3 cine.
2. the dji fly is installed on the sc.
3. i want to install a modified dji fly app for the mavic 3.
4. i can not install this modified dji fly before i uninstall the dji fly that comes with the sc.
5. i want to root the device so i can uninstall it.
6. after i uninstall it i can install the modified dji fly version.

7. i want to fly the mavic 3 with the modified version, not the mavic 2.
i dont have mavic 2.

It's beyond me! You would probably need to ask someone who knows something about your "modified DJI FLY app". Pretty hard to understand if you can install it without knowing what it is. Still don't know what you mean by "root the device". And if the SC won't let you install another FLY app, it would seem obvious that you can't.

when you root it let you install other apps to the device and do even more.
the app i am trying to install is the same as the dji fly with a little change of fcc and 5.8 2.4 ghz.
you can not install it becouse the sc think there is already app installed.

here is what is root.

You're way over my head. Sorry and good luck trying. Past experience with DJI leads me to believe they aren't going to allow too much program modification to work with their software.

He's trying to install the hacked DJI Fly app onto his RC Pro so that he can fly in FCC mode and get the full 15km range.

Unfortunately, At this time there's no way to do that with the RC pro because (as you previously mentioned) android devices only allow one version of the DJI Fly app to be installed on the device and you can't delete the DJI Fly app from the RC Pro to install the Hacked version.

The only way to get FCC mode working in a CE country with a Mavic 3 is with the standard controller.

Reactions: bonzo
I was going to join this forum but seeing as multiple people coming here as support didn't know what the **** this guy was talking about, I will pass.

He explained it properly in his first post. Maybe if you don't know what he's talking about, don't respond?

Reactions: Jam0ne and MS Coast
Hi,
rooting the sc pro is it possible?
or even just uninstalling dji fly?

thanks.

I've looked around and found nothing about getting root access on the Mini 3 Smart Controller. As far as I can tell and from what a DJI rep told me, it's not even possible to force an update of the Fly app. Let us know if you find anything.

I really like the controller but it's disappointing not to be able to run B4YouFly and other relevant apps on it.

I've looked around and found nothing about getting root access on the Mini 3 Smart Controller. As far as I can tell and from what a DJI rep told me, it's not even possible to force an update of the Fly app. Let us know if you find anything.

I really like the controller but it's disappointing not to be able to run B4YouFly and other relevant apps on it.
Install the amazon app store, you can install Litchi and B4UFLY (and others) from there. They work fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998