DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Round circle in the middle of Mavic Image - reflection, or sensor issue?

LA_doc_filmmaker

Reactions
Hello forum - I have an image issue with the Mavic and wondering if anyone else has seen it.

In the middle of the image, or sometimes just below and left of center, a circle appears in the image from the Mavic. I shoot at 2.7k, 24fps and have seen this in a lot of my footage. It is more pronounced against lighter backgrounds. It looks like a reflection of the lens in the front lens element, but the distance is so short that this doesn't really seem realistic.

It's also not a lens flare or compression artifact.

The lens cover is clean, there is nothing inside the camera in front of the lens. I have removed the plastic lens protector obviously, but I have not used ND filters or UV filter on the camera.

Attachments

• Mavic test.jpg
    Mavic test.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 274
Yeah, that is something I've not seen before.

If you're sure the front lens element is clean, it can only be a flaw in a lens elament or a sensor flaw.

I can think of nothing else it could be. The bad news is I don't think there is anything short of replacement or repair that's gonna fix that.

Last edited:
Hello forum - I have an image issue with the Mavic and wondering if anyone else has seen it.

In the middle of the image, or sometimes just below and left of center, a circle appears in the image from the Mavic. I shoot at 2.7k, 24fps and have seen this in a lot of my footage. It is more pronounced against lighter backgrounds. It looks like a reflection of the lens in the front lens element, but the distance is so short that this doesn't really seem realistic.

The lens cover is clean, there is nothing inside the camera in front of the lens. I have removed the plastic lens protector obviously, but I have not used ND filters or UV filter on the camera.
Like this?
Spotpic1.png

LA's issue looks slightly different to the other one. There has been discussion on this forum regarding some Mavic's suffering from a "hot spot" in the centre of the image. But these tend to be less noticeable and larger. Typically this hot spot would be more noticeable when shooting over a field for example, the centre of the image had a warmer colour cast to it. Not sure if there was a quick fix for it or if it is a hardware phenomenon.

This is a sunlight refraction effect similar to 'Broken Spectre' and not a fault
I might agree if there was any sun in this shot but it's overcast. Also he sees it a lot, and I've never had this in any of my shots.

Are you lookng at the picture and message I quoted, it looks like shadows from the pines top right.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the broken spectre phenom, but the OPs picture didn't look to me as if there was enough light for that, and in fact it looks as if the light is overcast and overhead. Broken spectre needs a point light directly behind the camera.

Did you resolve this issue as I have just had my drone repaired and now I have this exact same issue. Repairer will not take responsibility.

I have the same issue. It’s a permanent ring almost in the center. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 7DD447DE-6DF0-43FD-AB3E-86D48C62264D.jpeg
    7DD447DE-6DF0-43FD-AB3E-86D48C62264D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
  • 157E13B9-96FD-408A-A624-A937C8C43EEB.jpeg
    157E13B9-96FD-408A-A624-A937C8C43EEB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
Hello all. I have the same issue with LA_... Has anyone resolved it somehow?

Thanks,
Alex

Attachments

• screenshot_2018-11-11-19-36-02.png
    screenshot_2018-11-11-19-36-02.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
This had just happened to me as well. Mine is exactly like UrekeFlying has posted above. I can't get rid of it. I discovered it on Saturday when I was out flying, and came home with a bunch of ruined photos.

From what I've seen on forums it's likely contamination from dust or something on the lens, but behind the outer glass cover.

+1 i have seen a very defying technic of removing the front glass with heat and a blade.

i am researching about the yellow ring to check if that's an easier way.

This had just happened to me as well. Mine is exactly like UrekeFlying has posted above. I can't get rid of it. I discovered it on Saturday when I was out flying, and came home with a bunch of ruined photos.

From what I've seen on forums it's likely contamination from dust or something on the lens, but behind the outer glass cover.
Were you able to fix it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000