DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH didn't kick in with weak then lost signal

Just rename it and change the file extension to .txt

Sometimes, I think we're being trolled... Maybe he had dynamic home points enabled? I'm really interested in the 2500' loss of signal. I've had mine out miles, in the middle of a city with zero problems. Interesting.

Haven't been able to use the uploader.Says the DAT files need to be text or csv.
... Is this of any help or do I need it some other format?Thanks
Follow the instructions in the link in post #3 to upload the .txt file.
Then come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Haven't been able to use the uploader.Says the DAT files need to be text or csv.Here's the last 3 entries(latest first).[["2018-11-11 17:12:49","","Adjust antenna and avoid signal block."]],[["2018-11-11 17:12:49","","Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block."]],[["2018-11-11 17:26:29","","Ambient Light too Weak, Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight"]] [["2018-11-11 17:12:36","","Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block."]],[["2018-11-11 17:12:43","","Upward Obstacle Detected"],["2018-11-11 17:12:44","","Upward Obstacle Detected"],["2018-11-11 17:12:45","","Gimbal Roll Reached Movement Limit"]] [["2018-11-11 17:03:26","","Auxiliary Bottom Light turned on."]],[["2018-11-11 17:03:28","","Auxiliary Bottom Light turned off."]],[["2018-11-11 17:07:20","","Auxiliary Bottom Light set to automatic mode."],["2018-11-11 17:07:21","","Auxiliary Bottom Light turned on."],["2018-11-11 17:07:22","","Auxiliary Bottom Light turned off."]],[["2018-11-11 17:11:16","","Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block."]],[["2018-11-11 17:11:46","","The remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Return home now."]],[["2018-11-11 17:12:01","","Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block."]] Is this of any help or do I need it some other format?Thanks

I had the same issue when the warning message to adjust antennae showed up and then the signal was lost and eventually I lost the drone too. DJI said that there are various reasons for the warning to adjust antennae not to appear on the flight record. That statement is to enable DJI to cop out and to refuse a warranty claim. The failure to record the warning on the flight record was not caused by me. I have had several similar warnings in the past month and even contacted DJI about them. It's ********. I have now lost 4 mavic Pro and will not buy another or touch it with a barge pole. It's the most unreliable drone I have come across.

My Mavic Pro eventually crashed after I have waited for it to RTH and even pressed the RTH button. RTH does not work all the time, it's like a game of chance.

I had the same issue when the warning message to adjust antennae showed up and then the signal was lost and eventually I lost the drone too. DJI said that there are various reasons for the warning to adjust antennae not to appear on the flight record. That statement is to enable DJI to cop out and to refuse a warranty claim. The failure to record the warning on the flight record was not caused by me. I have had several similar warnings in the past month and even contacted DJI about them. It's ********. I have now lost 4 mavic Pro and will not buy another or touch it with a barge pole. It's the most unreliable drone I have come across.

My Mavic Pro eventually crashed after I have waited for it to RTH and even pressed the RTH button. RTH does not work all the time, it's like a game of chance.

Four Mavic Pro drones lost? Wow! I literally had over 200 flights with the Pro without a single loss of signal. Then to have purchased four of them even after they kept failing and DJI wouldn't support the platform? That's dedication!

There's a certain orange folding drone on sale right now.

Last edited:
I have now lost 4 mavic Pro and will not buy another or touch it with a barge pole. It's the most unreliable drone I have come across.
having used RTH many times and looked at the flight data from hundreds of flight incidents, I'd say that RTH is extremely reliable.
Much more than some drone flyers are.
Your experience is certainly different from most.
I wonder what the common factor might have been.
What really happened isn't always what you think happened.
Did you get the flight data analysed to find out what actually happened in any of your flight incidents?

Last edited:
Reactions: Turn11 and Simmo

No doubt you live near one of the Vile Vertices.

...My Mavic Pro eventually crashed after I have waited for it to RTH and even pressed the RTH button. RTH does not work all the time, it's like a game of chance.
In the heat of the moment some forget that you need to press and hold the RTH button for it to work.

I have had over 500 flights with my Mavic Pro and 150+ with my mavic 2 Pro. I have experienced 3 app crashes, all with the MP 2. I have never experienced a home point change, nor has RTH ever failed to turn my drone around to face home and return. Not once have I had a weak signal while the drone was in line of sight and only out under a mile. It has only lost signal 3 times, all of which were operator error in my part.

In my experience, these drones are bullet proof reliable. Every instance of signal loss and signal weakness had a simple reason. I flew the drone into a position where signal was partially or fully blocked.

The occusync transmission system is amazingly good and reliable, unlike the system on my P4 and other earlier DJI drones. Like others have experienced, I’ve been out miles and had excellent signal, even in urban environments.

Lastly, I am not employed by DJI. I have other issues such as firmware bugs, but the drones themselves have been bullet proof.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
I'll admit I don't typically get the distance others seem to get, but I often lose XM in my car so there must be lots of atmospheric EM interference or maybe cell tower interference.

Other than that and frequent app crash, never had homepoint reset after app crash, RTH always worked. On my P3 I've had supposed failure to RTH on signal loss, but I learned first time that happened I lost downlink but not uplink. I still had control, just didn't know it.

You really don't need another bud!!! this is not a hobby for you..

Reactions: Colbymh
I have had over 500 flights with my Mavic Pro and 150+ with my mavic 2 Pro. I have experienced 3 app crashes, all with the MP 2. I have never experienced a home point change, nor has RTH ever failed to turn my drone around to face home and return. Not once have I had a weak signal while the drone was in line of sight and only out under a mile. It has only lost signal 3 times, all of which were operator error in my part.

In my experience, these drones are bullet proof reliable. Every instance of signal loss and signal weakness had a simple reason. I flew the drone into a position where signal was partially or fully blocked.

The occusync transmission system is amazingly good and reliable, unlike the system on my P4 and other earlier DJI drones. Like others have experienced, I’ve been out miles and had excellent signal, even in urban environments.

Lastly, I am not employed by DJI. I have other issues such as firmware bugs, but the drones themselves have been bullet proof.

I share the same experience with you when talking about the Mavic Pro 1. This drone was excellent, the only weak point IMHO was its camera. RTH always worked. You just needed to know its limitations and how to use it. (i.e. , wait for a good GPS signal before take off, or sun would seem like an obstacle in certain angles triggering the sensors , etc). I had not single complain about the signal!

I then sold the Mavic Pro 1 and purchased the Mavic Pro 2 and now I get a feeling that Occusync 2.0 became much more sensitive and is more likely to lose connection that previous version. I frequently get red warnings for bad signal in distances like less than 1 mile in the same country side area I use to fly.

In one of my last flies, I was literally testing just how far I could make it fly without loosing signal. I was on a point where the signal was like 1 bar only. The distance was roughly 1 mile and the height between 200-300m. With only 1 bar I knew I couldn't push it further. So I rotated the drone so that its nose looked towards my point and all of sadden signal bars went from 1 to 3. I flown backwards for another 0,5-1 mile and then returned home. Very strange behavior.

..and the height between 200-300m.

Please do your fellow drone pilots a favor and stay below 400 feet AGL in the future. Doing otherwise hurts us all including you, not to mention the risk that breaking this law poses to other aviators.

KB

I lost total control of my M2P on the first flight about 50 LOS feet away. The RC had zero control over the M2P for about 4-5 minutes. I still have issues with frequency switching and getting stuck on a poor channel. Yeah stuff does happen.

I dont understand why people come on here, claim their drone took off all on its own or didnt RTH and then when people ask for a log to understand, its not given.

Reactions: rfc

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal