DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH impressive!

even more impressive if you did it in the dark- as I think the mavic needs to see where it's landing.

If you stick a 'H' or use a landing pad, would it land at the same spot? I read it takes an image of the ground and matches them on RTH. I've not tried it yet.

If you stick a 'H' or use a landing pad, would it land at the same spot? I read it takes an image of the ground and matches them on RTH. I've not tried it yet.

I use a landing pad and on the occasions that I've had it RTH it has landed within a couple of inches each time.

Reactions: Madman44k
I think it is more governed by GPS coordinates. It did pause on landing and said landing area was in-suitable, but that was because ambient light was too dim.

I doubt that it could use precision landing on that surface - no distinctive features for the vision system to identify.

I think it is more governed by GPS coordinates. It did pause on landing and said landing area was un-suitable, but that was because ambient light was too dim.
Yes, it does use GPS as usual, but "Precise Landing" uses the lower camera view to match up what it sees when returning. Thus, low light or something like just concrete or asphalt is harder to match than an design on the ground, like an H or an X or some other distinguishing mark. The drone has to go up slowly from that spot to a certain height to be able to get the fix on that spot.

if you use the Precise Landing in the daytime with a good pattern it will land in the same spot every time..it really amazing

So how bout using precision landing from 300ft up... Surely the camera wouldn't pick up the landing pad before it begins its decent...

Or will it adjust itself horizontally as well once it gets to a certain height?

I'm gonna stick a 'H' on my carry case and test. I'd be great to take-off and land on the grass, but not touching the grass (edges of my props are a little green from grass cutting). It needs to be 100% accurate when landing, cos it's really tight. A couple of inches off, and it'll tip to the ground and possibly damage the props/gimbal.

yes as it descends it says correcting and yes it will land on your case..

Reactions: RayOZ
All, remember that when using "precise landing" you do need to give the drone time to rise pretty high as it records it's departure point, taking an image of it, before you head off in a direction. It'll pause when finished and ready to go.

All, remember that when using "precise landing" you do need to give the drone time to rise pretty high as it records it's departure point, taking an image of it, before you head off in a direction. It'll pause when finished and ready to go.

You really only need for go up 30 feet. I have yet to land outside of 6 inches from my original take off spots, and that’s if they are kind of sketchy. Usually I’m within 3 inches and it amazes each and every time. I purposely fly far away when I’m wrapping up my flight, just to use the RTH feature lol

Reactions: Cbslagle
You really only need for go up 30 feet. I have yet to land outside of 6 inches from my original take off spots, and that’s if they are kind of sketchy. Usually I’m within 3 inches and it amazes each and every time. I purposely fly far away when I’m wrapping up my flight, just to use the RTH feature lol

Are you saying that you fly away to trigger the lost of signal RTH? I have it set to RTH with LOS, but have been afraid to actually give it a try. Would be nice to know how reliable it is.

Are you saying that you fly away to trigger the lost of signal RTH? I have it set to RTH with LOS, but have been afraid to actually give it a try. Would be nice to know how reliable it is.

Oh no no. The areas where I fly arent that big. Usually when its time to land, I could easily just fly it back home and land it. When its time to go, wherever the Mavic is, I like to fly it out as far as my area allows for, and hit RTH.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming