DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH not working ? It just lands where ever it is but the rth setting is Return to home ? when i do a preise take off the camera does not seem to move?

m3jim

Reactions
Enable Vision Positioning. It is i checked . I have uploaded the latest firmware but now reverted and it still does not work ? I just cant work out what is wrong . Should the camera move down on take off to take a picture since it does not but i can move the Camera manually .I could not quiet catch the message that say something like near home point "go to home "

How far was the drone from the home point when you initiated RTH?

Reactions: dcolvey
How far was the drone from the home point when you initiated RTH?
about 10 m and 15m but why testing at home not as much as that since garden not that big so about 5 to 8 m .This really has me confused

Oh really i did not realise that ? So when it is close you have to land it basically .I wiill try again many thanks for your help .

You can find more details in the "Return to Home" section of the Mavic Air manual. I highly recommend you thoroughly read that section of the manual.

Yes ,good advice and i have just downloaded .Many thanks for your speed great support and advise .
many thanks

Just as a correction to an assumption you made @m3jim ... The [main] gimbal camera at the front is not used to look down and get a visual 'map' of the RTH site. The Mavic uses downward facing cameras mounted in the base of the drone to survey the area underneath during the take-off & ascend stage to build its reference data for the RTH and precision landing.
The Mavic is a complex piece of electronics and design ... Please take some time to study the manual and understand how your Mavic works.. Look up some YouTube video's to get questions answered that aren't covered in the manual ... That way you'll have a lot more confidence when you fly, and you'll fly safe and have a lot of fun ...

RTM first! Watch some YouTube Tutorials; learn your drone before flying. This will save you from an unhappy ending.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78