DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH resets if you land away from take off?

It is the Cadillac of DJI drones. Last one I have seen sold on this forum was asking $2500.00

One thing to consider is that unless the environment is optimal you many not be able to completely land or take off at your friends house due to signal loss. 2 miles is not that far when up in the air but as you get closer to the ground the likelyhood of signal obstructions goes way up. It's very possible that you lose radio signal on your descent to land and the thing just turns itself around and comes home. Optimal conditions would be if your properties had completely flat ground or slightly lower ground in between with no trees in between.

One thing to consider is that unless the environment is optimal you many not be able to completely land or take off at your friends house due to signal loss. 2 miles is not that far when up in the air but as you get closer to the ground the likelyhood of signal obstructions goes way up. It's very possible that you lose radio signal on your descent to land and the thing just turns itself around and comes home. Optimal conditions would be if your properties had completely flat ground or slightly lower ground in between with no trees in between.

Thats what it is. perfectly flat corn fields and pastures between us with no trees. I can see his house from mine.

I have never tried this in a real flight, BUT I was playing around with the flight simulator portion of the go 4 app.
I have a friend that lives about 2 miles from me out in the country. In the simulator mode I did a flight out to his house, landed the simulator on his driveway, the took off and headed back home. Got tired of holding the sticks so I hit RTH. The simulator turned around and headed back to the last landing spot.
If I choose to do this flight in real life, is there a way to retain the take off point to where I am? Or just dont actually land it?
I thought it would be fun to send him a gift taped to the mavic and have him go outside to get it when I landed there.
thats one of the first things i learned when i read the MANUAL,just set home to the controller,of course ive yet to fly so as some will say,what do i know

When you finally get up the nerve to fly one of your 2 mavics, you are going to be a changed person.

If I choose to do this flight in real life, is there a way to retain the take off point to where I am? Or just dont actually land it?
The home point will be reset if you stop and restart the motors.

Reactions: MacPhersonCa1
When you finally get up the nerve to fly one of your 2 mavics, you are going to be a changed person.
im sure i will,of course ive been using my mavic clone as a guinea pig already

The home point will be reset if you stop and restart the motors.
but it can be reset during flight from what ive read

Thanks for all the replies, I have never landed and shut down away from the take off point in real life or in the simulator. Was surprised that it reset the home point.

The home point can be reset anytime mid-flight.
pays to read:) but im skeptical on some as 1 guy had a youtube vid advertising how to calibrate the imu and he did it totally wrong so i look for backup opinions.

Thanks for all the replies, I have never landed and shut down away from the take off point in real life or in the simulator. Was surprised that it reset the home point.
when u take off it does show and say ''home point has been set'' sooo,;)

1 guy had a youtube vid advertising how to calibrate the imu and he did it totally wrong so i look for backup opinions.
That's the problem with YouTube. When you're not an expert, it's tough to know if the "experts" are providing accurate information.

Reactions: Turn11 and wytnyt
That's the problem with YouTube. When you're not an expert, it's tough to know if the "experts" are providing accurate information.
exactly,why i look for confirmation from others

when u take off it does show and say ''home point has been set'' sooo,;)
I dont believe that it did in simulator mode. May have had the volume turned all the way down.

I dont believe that it did in simulator mode. May have had the volume turned all the way down.
ive never ran the sim,when i pair the rc w/mavic it kills my wifi and my grand daughter goes ballistic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos