DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH resets if you land away from take off?

ac0j

Reactions
I have never tried this in a real flight, BUT I was playing around with the flight simulator portion of the go 4 app.
I have a friend that lives about 2 miles from me out in the country. In the simulator mode I did a flight out to his house, landed the simulator on his driveway, the took off and headed back home. Got tired of holding the sticks so I hit RTH. The simulator turned around and headed back to the last landing spot.
If I choose to do this flight in real life, is there a way to retain the take off point to where I am? Or just dont actually land it?
I thought it would be fun to send him a gift taped to the mavic and have him go outside to get it when I landed there.

There is a way within DJIGO 4 to update the Home Point to the Remote Controller location. Since (in your example) you would be in possession of the Remote Controller one could just update the Home Point to be the Remote Controller and then press RTH.

Drone should fly back to the location of the Remote Controller.

Try this process within a closer distance first to ensure it updates the Home Point. Then Have Fun! Its seems like a really fun idea!

I wondered about the controller option, but I have read several mixed opinions of it working correctly.

Only if the pilot has GPS in his device. Some wifi only Fruity devices dont have gps apparently.

Doesn't she say; "Home point recorded, check it on your map" when you take off? I'm assuming after power down and then restart. Hmm.

I guess its not to big of a deal, I could navigate back OK with the map, and get it back, I almost have an unobtructed view over the whole distance. I just wont be able to be vlos for part of it.

Doesn't she say; "Home point recorded, check it on your map" when you take off? I'm assuming after power down and then restart. Hmm.

Yes, I can check it, but cant change it as far as I know.

I wondered about the controller option, but I have read several mixed opinions of it working correctly.

This process is especially useful if launching from a moving vehicle -i.e. a boat

The device must have a built in GPS as stated above. Any IOs device with Cellular capabilities has an internal GPS and can be used in this manner.

I guess its not to big of a deal,I almost have an unobtructed view over the whole distance. I just wont be able to be vlos for part of it.

Then you're already breaking the rules.... yeesh.

All of the property between us belongs to him or me. So i think I will bend the rule a little.! :D

Reactions: joejaxvic123
I might just do that, BUT its is way too cold for me outside. Maybe this spring.

I need to know. When I run out of beer, I'll fly down the road to my buddies house, land, he puts a beer or two on the Mavic, I hit RTH, beer is delivered back to me with no issues....

LOL. The gift I was talking about was a small airline type bottle of Crown. :D

I am talking about a tiny bottle like they give you on airplanes, i think it would take 6 of those to make 1 pound

I know your joking as the max lifting capacity is approximately 2 lbs

Dang. I may need to get a Phantom. But they're so ugly. Oh! There's a guy on CL here, he has an Inpire 2 whole set up for 700 bux!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan