DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

rubber grips

keat63

Reactions
I see the question was asked a few years ago, just wondering if anyone found a cost effective solution.
Basically, I just bought a used Mavic Pro, and I'm guessing the guy before me had a thicker phone than me and possibly cut down the grips.
Now my phone is really sloppy.
Has anyone found a source of cost effective replacements or come up with a repair solution ?

Reactions: GFields
I see the question was asked a few years ago, just wondering if anyone found a cost effective solution.
Basically, I just bought a used Mavic Pro, and I'm guessing the guy before me had a thicker phone than me and possibly cut down the grips.
Now my phone is really sloppy.
Has anyone found a source of cost effective replacements or come up with a repair solution ?
It's just dawned on me that a silcone case for my phone might do the trick.
At £1.49, it doesn't come any more cost effective.

However, I'm a stickler for trying to repair things, so any heads up would be appreciated.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I saw an original post with a link to the arms, and at the time they were $135, wow.... far too expensive.
At $35 the price isn't too bad for the arms, although shipping to the UK and no doubt import duties plus taxes kills it.
Having said that, considering the arms themselves are OK, if I were to purchase arms, for ease I'd just change the rubbers, and now I'd have two arms (without rubbers) that I don't need.

I guess the rubbers are not available by themselves as I can't seem to find any online anywhere.

Reactions: Drone Master
I've been looking at ribbed rubber matting.

However, I've also noticed that the arms cover parts of the phone display, making it difficult to choose the icons (Samsung Galaxy).
So in the short term, I've purchased a silcone case for the phone, and a pair of those plastic clamp extender things which are plastered all over the bay.
Those clamps appear on the images to not obstruct the phone display.
Lets see.

I can't use it the way it is at the moment, so I'll have to come up with something.

Last edited:
Just a heads up on those plastic elbow clip things on ebay.
Don't bother. They are rubbish.
1. They are still loose in the arms.
2. They don't make any real difference to the width.
3. My phone was just as loose in the clip.

Four quid in the bin.

A silicone case on the other hand makes a world of difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman