DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rugged, waterproof case for $40!!

I like your choice of color. My hardware store only had black. Post pictures of your case, when complete. Wish you the best.

Reactions: tonydeli7
If water protection is needed why not go with the raincoat guy + this budget case? Win win, budget case and you can fly in the rain to boot.

The wet suits don't protect your drone from being totally immersed in water.

Just ordered a Plasti Dip(gunmetal) spray :)
Thanks for the suggestion!
I haven't done it myself but I would surmise you don't want to spray inside of the recessed portions that hold the gear, just the top of the foam. That's how I would attempt it anyways.

Who said anything about being "totally immersed in water"? A drone isn't a submarine.

Because a proper Pelican case is completely waterproof. You were suggesting that a wetsuit and a cheap case would equal the protection that a Pelican case provides, when that is not the case.

I haven't done it myself but I would surmise you don't want to spray inside of the recessed portions that hold the gear, just the top of the foam. That's how I would attempt it anyways.
I have done this many times, for quads, weapons, electronics and I have found it wise to also spray the inside portions. Maybe lighter (2 instead of 4 coats). It adds to the rigidity and the durability and I have found no harm. Others, may wish to weigh in :)

I have done this many times, for quads, weapons, electronics and I have found it wise to also spray the inside portions. Maybe lighter (2 instead of 4 coats). It adds to the rigidity and the durability and I have found no harm. Others, may wish to weigh in :)
Interesting! I would not have thought to do that.

I used FlexSeal on my PnP foam and it worked very well.
I was curious about the FlexSeal, also. The price at my hardware store was x4 the cost of PlasticDip, so I went with my old standby. I have purchased the FlexSeal "tape", on sale, and it worked for its intended purpose, just not ready to spring for the spray at the inflated price. Have you compared the two? Any difference?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61