DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

S8 keeps updating

Clintsc9

Reactions
Everything has been fine using an iPad Mini 4 because my Galaxy S4 couldn't seem to cope with DJI Go V4.

However, I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and thought I'd give it a go. Everything works fine using the app on the S8+ but for one thing. Ever since I installed it, it automatically downloads the apk file every day. Sometimes twice a day. It is a 113MB file called DJI-170701-275_official-303cda7b32d8c69cfa304d1e07544982.apk and if I click it, it does a full re-install of the app and even resets everything to default settings.
If I don't delete from the Downloads folder it will just add a (1) etc to the filename.

Anyone else having this problem?

Guess you downloaded it from DJI website instead of just loading it from the play store. When you open the web browser it reloads the download page you stilll had open and restarts the download. I.e. close that page or navigate away from it.

Originally downloaded it from the play store. It now downloads daily in the background even if I have nothing open. I just see the download mini-icon in the top of the screen that it is downloading something.

Everything has been fine using an iPad Mini 4 because my Galaxy S4 couldn't seem to cope with DJI Go V4.

However, I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and thought I'd give it a go. Everything works fine using the app on the S8+ but for one thing. Ever since I installed it, it automatically downloads the apk file every day. Sometimes twice a day. It is a 113MB file called DJI-170701-275_official-303cda7b32d8c69cfa304d1e07544982.apk and if I click it, it does a full re-install of the app and even resets everything to default settings.
If I don't delete from the Downloads folder it will just add a (1) etc to the filename.

Anyone else having this problem?
I'm having the same problem with my S7, downloaded from Google Play Store, tried several reinstalls but it stays the same. Have to manually delete 12 to 15 updates from the download folder every day. It downloads the same apk update about every 30 minutes as soon as It connects to wifi at home.

I'm having the same problem with my S7, downloaded from Google Play Store, tried several reinstalls but it stays the same. Have to manually delete 12 to 15 updates from the download folder every day. It downloads the same apk update about every 30 minutes as soon as It connects to wifi at home.

Its happening to me to with my S7 edge :-(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21